OK Button on MCE Remote did not work anymore (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
    Hi.
    Got a really weird issue with my remote lately. I use an original Microsoft MCE USB Receiver, not a copy, the original. All buttons are working as expected excerpt for the OK Button (in the middle of the cursor buttons). If I press OK MP freezes for at least 30 seconds or more and then something unexpected happens. It's different all the time so no exact description is possible. Only the freeze for at least 30 seconds (could be a minute or more, sometimes MP crashes completely) and that never comes what had to come after the button- press. If I use the Mouse I can navigate and use MP as normal. I've changed the Remote, the Receiver (have two identical ones), installed MP and Windows from scratch, nothing helps. On another HTPC the receiver is working like a charm, and on any other program (MP2, XBMC, WMC,...) on this HTPC all is working perfect also. So this is something related to MP.
    I've switched back to 1.4 Pre (issue is there but the freeze isn't that long, around 10-20 seconds) and 1.3 (issue is partially there, freeze for about 5-10 seconds but after that the expected screen appears...). What the hell could cause this? Don't believe it's a hardware or OS issue as any other program is working normal.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Start MP 1.4.
    Press OK on remote.

Edit:
    Don't think logfiles will help (nothing unusual in it) but I can provide debug logs later if wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Maybe it is the Moon?
    Thought this myself also... :D

But I found it finally... It was not the moon but it is related to MP as it was a MP Plugin causing this.
    If I disable MyRefresh plugin (a plugin from TMP for Skin Developers) all is normal again. Seems as if this little thing has to be redone finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom