(Old) My Emulators (1 Viewer)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
just run the installer, it should select the older install method.
If it doesn't, right click the file and select run as... then select the media portal installer, it should run no problem.

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, maybe I'm just stupid.
    I double-click the plugin-package and a popup tells me that this is an old format and that the MPI will be used.
    I click "OK" but after that nothing seems to happen. The plugin will show nowhere afterwards.
    Does the installer generate logs that I could look into?

I am not at home right now but I will check it later on.

Thanks and Cheers

DiePlage

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    My computer wont recognize the .mpi format to MP, so I have to open MP config, and then go to plguins, then click the tab for MPI installer(I think that is what the tab says I am not sure) and then click the install button and select the mpi file I have on my desktop. Maybe that will help, I don't know.

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everyone,

right-clicking the extension and choosing the old MPInstaller did do the trick. "Open with" lists both installers, I must have chosen the wrong one the last time.

It's a good feeling to have MyEmulators back!

Cheers

DiePlage

jarreboum

Portal Member
    March 2, 2007
    Hi, is this plugin still in developpment? There is a couple of improvements I wish to suggest.

It would be neat to have the possibility to have an "All games" list, regardless of their original console. It would be useful to look for games not knowing their system and once found be advised of their origin to be able to plug the matching gamepad.

A tagging system (manual or via a database) would be nice too, I often wish I coud list all games in a series but I'm limited with the search engine because they frequently have totally different names. It would then only display the Bare Knuckles series, or all Dragon Ball games, or only vertical shmups.
    Again manual tagging would be good enough.

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
    November 11, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Two very good ideas! I haven't had the time to continue the development in quite some time now, and the different projects that have spawned to improve the plugin by other people have never gotten finished, so I don't know when this might be a possibility.

whufclee

Portal Member
    January 22, 2010
    Can anyone tell me if I can show screenshots of a game with the official v3.5? At the moment I have the boxart and desctiption which is working great but currently just have a black screen above that (using list view). Screeshots would be great or if not is there a particular folder I can put emulator fanart in so it will show that? Sorry if I'm being stupid, I'm pretty new to MP after transferring over from xbmc - have been searching the thread for my answers but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Peter_1982

Portal Member
    July 19, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a strange problem. I use MyEmulators to start pc games like Streetfighter 4 etc. everything works fine, but :

in some case i want to skip videos etc. so i hit the esc button of my remote, but the window changes to desktop instead of to skip the video. When i start th game the "normal" way everything is fine.

How can i change the focus to the pc game instead of mediaportal, so i can skip videos etc. with the esc button ?

SOLUTION:

i got it. I disabled the "exclusive mode" in imon manager and anything works fine...

Craymel

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi!

Thanks for this plugin, its great!

I got a question, is possible to change the background image (sonic)?

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Craymel
    I think changing the background is a skin problem. You should look in the folder that the skin accesses and change the picture there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom