Old TV Engine - how to (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Not surprisingly, my card isn't detected by TVE2.
Is there any possible way to make it work by editing a profiler or something? I've read something like that somewhere in the forum, but to be honest the technical complexity and the structure of the forums overwhelms me.

I was thinking about taking a graph edit configuration for the most similar chip (which would be Philips SAA7134) and editing it to somehow reference my tuner. Could that ever work?

You need to create a graph in graph edit by manually adding your tuner cards etc. Then you can edit the carddefininitions.xml in the MP users folder. See this guide.....

Add_TVCard_to_natively_supported_list - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Cheers,
Colin

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Thanks a lot, sleepycol! I'll try doing this as soon as I have time to get techy with the htpc :) If it works it's going to be just perfect.

By the way, as an average user, in my first contact with MP I found it extremely unusual that you had to install an SQL database for watching TV (?) I know how it works, and the benefits, etc etc, but look at it the way a regular, non techie user does. It sounds like a bit of overkill, and in my very humble opinion, it is. The way things are right now shouldn't get in the way of how things can be.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    By the way, as an average user, in my first contact with MP I found it extremely unusual that you had to install an SQL database for watching TV (?) I know how it works, and the benefits, etc etc, but look at it the way a regular, non techie user does. It sounds like a bit of overkill, and in my very humble opinion, it is. The way things are right now shouldn't get in the way of how things can be.

You know that MediaPortal's target audience is not the normal users? Windows Media Center is for those people.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    You need to create a graph in graph edit by manually adding your tuner cards etc. Then you can edit the carddefininitions.xml in the MP users folder. See this guide.....

Ok, I got into that, but it's more difficult than I thought. Especially since I can't seem to find the right modules to connect...

In the attached screenshot are the things I find related to my card (which has a 7160 chip)

Attachments

• graph options for my SAA7160.jpg
      graph options for my SAA7160.jpg
      65 KB

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Update:
    I got it to be listed in MP configuration. I do get Unable to Create Graph, but for me that's a huge improvement.
    I created this thread for a tidier, more focused technical discussion on how to make my card work in tve2
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...kworld-pe360-saa7160-chip-getting-work-59722/
    This way people who have the same card or a similar one could benefit from my clumsy experiences and could help them in theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom