OMG!!! I can't remember how to add channels?? (1 Viewer)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium

I have/had the same. The reason behind this, I think, is that there is a new field in the DB for CAM. In the upgrade, this is not checked/not added. If you completely uninstall the TV server, including DB, and then reinstall, then the new DB gets created with this field. It does mean you start with an empty DB and you have to reconfigure all channels/all recordings...

The Mixer

Portal Member
July 6, 2008
I was having the same problem a couple of months ago - had to put a good deal of work into get it fixed.
Don't know if it will help you to get it fixed tho, but here is my post from when I had the problem and what I did to fix it.

Dingle

Portal Member
April 27, 2008
Thanks! I'll give it a try tomorrow :) just one thing....how do you "remove M$ SQL-server" and "delete TVServers old database from M$ SQL-server" ? im kinda noob to SQL-server stuff

I have/had the same...

I did do a full clean re-install and that didn't help..using RC2 now and ok!

The Mixer

Portal Member
July 6, 2008
Just remove it with windows' add/remove programs program :)

I just removed MpTvDbRC2.mdf and MpTvDbRC2_log.ldf from SQL servers data directory - on an danish vista, the directory is located at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\"

If you want to start with a complete fresh install of M$ SQL server, you can just rename the "Microsoft SQL Server"-directory to something else, before you reinstall it.

Dingle

Portal Member
April 27, 2008
WORKED :)

IT WORKED!!!!!! here what I did....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Doing a complete re-install
-----------------------------
Backup folder C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal (Program Files)
Backup folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal (Settings Files)
Uninstall MediaPortal (select full clean up)
Uninstall TV server (select full clean up)
Delete folder C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal (Program Files)
Delete folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal (Settings Files)
Uninstall Microsoft SQL stuff (add remove programs)
Delete folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
Reinstall Media Portal and Microsoft SQL Server will be reinstalled along with it.
Re-setup Media Portal and TV Server settings (using files from the backups where necessary)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom