ZeropaidNL

Portal Member
August 3, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
Windows Version: 7 professional

Hi,

When i play music the coverart doesnt match with the songs, actualy i get only one coverart for over 300+ songs.
i used audio scrobler to search for the coverart but without succes.
wmp shows the right covers.. how can i have matching art in Me Po ?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
    Windows Version: 7 professional

Hi,

When i play music the coverart doesnt match with the songs, actualy i get only one coverart for over 300+ songs.
    i used audio scrobler to search for the coverart but without succes.
    wmp shows the right covers.. how can i have matching art in Me Po ?

MediaPortal can only show the album coverart. I too wish that embedded artwork for each song with "use embedded artwork" and no boxes checked would do this, but the album artwork will still be the only one showing up.

Hopefully a clever scraping tool can fix this in the future.
    Emph

ZeropaidNL

Portal Member
    August 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But that's still no reason for showing the wrong cover it just doesnt make sense
    how can i remove the cover so it wont be displayed? i rather have no album art at all than this

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    how can i remove the cover so it wont be displayed? i rather have no album art at all than this

I get this. The steps described here might work, sometimes an artwork is like a virus and very hard to get rid of. I've been there myself until I purged my system from unwanted .jpg files. :D

1. Open Configuration
    2. Go to Music/Database and un-check all "Use for thumb creation" boxes.
    3. Go to GUI/Thumbnails and click the "Delete all music thumbs" then un-check the box "Create folder cache on demand".

If you still see unwanted artwork, open up an Explorer window, browse to your music and hit F3 to do a search for "*.jpg". Make sure to search for hidden files and folders as well. Delete the files you recognize as persistent to the measures above.

Good luck
    Emph

ZeropaidNL

Portal Member
    August 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thanks for your reply, i followed the steps and it worked partly.

The list is no longer showing the art thats good, but when i change the view to now playing i still get the irritating art :p

I even tried to remove all the taggs wich should remove all the art from all the music, but appereantly there is still some cache that needs to be cleared or something.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could do with some info about your setup.

Right, ok I am taking it you have not imported your music into the database and are just using shares view?
    Is your music tagged correctly?
    How is your coverart stored (folder.jpg, embedded ??)
    How if your music organised? Is this just all in one folder? is it organised into something like \artist \album ??
    What options have you set in MP config for music thumbs?

ZeropaidNL

Portal Member
    August 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could do with some info about your setup.

Right, ok I am taking it you have not imported your music into the database and are just using shares view?
    Is your music tagged correctly?
    How is your coverart stored (folder.jpg, embedded ??)
    How if your music organised? Is this just all in one folder? is it organised into something like \artist \album ??
    What options have you set in MP config for music thumbs?

The music is imported in the database
    The taggs are removed
    The art is embedded (cant find a folder.jpg)
    All the music is in one folder and is not organised
    In the music settings i removed all the music thumb options, and cleared the cache

I followed the steps that emphatic provided

ZeropaidNL

Portal Member
    August 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes i removed the taggs with the program mp3tag, only filenames are left

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You will have to forgive me as my memory of 1.1 code is a little hazy but I think this is not massively different from 1.2. Anyway MP stores thumbs for folders and albums. If you have no tags in your music then MP can not create album thumbs. If you have everything stored in a single folder then this means you cant use folder thumbs either.

The solution is either to tag all your music correctly or at least sort everything into its own folders. It is possible to extract embedded images and store an individual image for each track but this will massively slow down browsing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom