One coverart for all songs (1 Viewer)

ZeropaidNL

Portal Member
August 3, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
the music was tagged correctly but MP was still showing wrong album art. because you need to put all the files in a specific map in order to get the album art i decided to remove all the tags so it wouldnt display any art at all
wich gives me this result

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the music was tagged correctly but MP was still showing wrong album art. because you need to put all the files in a specific map in order to get the album art i decided to remove all the tags so it wouldnt display any art at all
    wich gives me this result

Not sure what you mean about a map. I am looking at the 1.1 code and in shares view it would appear for for individual tracks MP looks up tags. If tags exist then it will attempt to lookup the corresponding artist / album thumb. If no tags exist then MP will look for a folder image.

The folder and album images are built in (mainly) during the scan to add items to the database.

Folder thumbs are based on the settings. If you have use folder.jpg enabled it will attempt to look for folder.jpg for each folder (in your case this could only be a single file). If you have the *.png, *.jpg option it will also look for other images but again it will only create one image in your case.

If the embedded track option is checked it will attempt to extract thumbs and will create an album thumb based on artist and album tag values.

So which options did you have ticked? (and still as above use of folder images is only going to work if tracks are in different folders and the only thumbs MP uses are either folder or album thumbs; which need tags)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom