Online Videos fails after MP 1.23 upgrade. (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    mvCentral ready for 1.23Pre and my new version compatibility only with 1.23Pre+ :) old version with 1.22- ...
    OV semiready ...
    @ltfearme how about MovPics?
    @Guzzi how about MyFilms?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Still we should have a warning that older plug-in is no more compatible. Or add back some older code to have older plug-ins not maintain working [emoji4].

Tapatalk

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you are going to bump versions, please let me know asap, because I probably have to change things in OV (preferably before offbyone does the release...)

I am confused;
    Online Videos was not displayed as a compatible plugin for the MP 1.22 Final release in MPEM even though it appeared to work problem free. OV is displayed as a compatible plugin in MPEM for MP 1.23pre but it fails. Is that correct???:confused::confused::confused:
    That makes 2 of us...
    Edit: or is that after installing it in MP1.22 anyway and after that, upgrading to 1.23? Because I think mediaportal isn't that strict if you do it like that.
    Fresh install of 1.23 indeed shows OV as incompatible...

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm remembering that if the plug-in is not compiled with version checking (so older one) the plug-in is detected as compatible. But if it has versioning code. Then the bump will work.

We don't know really how much plug-in uses MediaInfo dependency. Surely not so much but that doesn't mean we have to late or not averting somehow that plug-in works or not.

The bump will surely break a lot of plug-ins.

@yartat has may be an idea to have the older and newer code working by adding a deprecated message?

We shouldn't forget a wiki/Doc page to explain what code we need to change for new MediaInfo code.

I have quickly look at the code change to see what can be done on movpic but maybe a good dev can change that finger in the nose but me not fully figure out to change correctly lol.

Tapatalk

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I have quickly look at the code change to see what can be done on movpic but maybe a good dev can change that finger in the nose but me not fully figure out to change correctly lol.
    Look my MvCentral (based on Movpics code) commit - Update for 1.22 Pre · andrewjswan/mvcentral@3dd9e95 - Wrong in the figure when describing a commit, read not 1.22 but 1.23.
    In a nutshell. I threw a wrapper for media info (which repeated the media portal code) from the plugin, and replaced all the wrapper calls with a new media portal. And it's all..
    upload_2019-7-15_18-54-20.png

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just got word from @offbyone that a new version is released!
    So in theory all problems would be solved...

No new version displayed/available from MPEM with MP 1.22. After upgrade to MP 1.23pre MPEM shows an OV update available (2.3.2.0), which when installed works.:) Nice one(y)(y)(y)(y)(y). Shame it is not downwards compatible but given the circumstances I guess that is all that can be done.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In update xml - OV need have two section with different dependencies... One for 1.22- and One for 1.23Pre+ :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom