Online Videos v0.33 (03/18/2008) - Updated 03/19 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrigel

Portal Member
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
yeah, Youtube works. How is it with break or cnn? if i click on a movie, i get a window "connecting to cnn". the windows goes away and i can click to another movie!

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Stepko,

I tried to use your new dll and xml (V0.36), but it broke online videos completely for me. Now none of the sites work. When I checked the MP logs, I see that the old DLL will use either the FLV player, or M-Player (if you check the M-Player box in the config), but your new plugin seems to ignore the M-Player setting and just tries to use the internal player all the time.

Now, as to why the internal player isn't working that's another story, which I'll keep working on, but it would be nice if the new plugin would continue to use the external players.

UPDATE:

OK, got FLV's working with the internal player (got the updated FLV Splitter), disabled all the external players in the MP plugins (FLV and MPlayer) and it all works now with the new DLL. The only exception is Yahoo Music Videos, which is generating a "500 Internal Server error" on its requests to the yahoo server. Double checked this by plugging the requested URL into IE. So looks like the API for Yahoo needs updating. Attached log file shows the 500 Error.

The most important tip is that if you use the new DLL, disable all the external player plugins, and uncheck "use MPlayer".

johnwayne

Portal Member
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have a question about Gametrailers. Why don't HD material work?
    Does it use Mov, Wmv or Flash as it's source?

Buddha

Portal Member
    March 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks a lot Stepko and globaldonkey, I already disabled the plugin because it was not functioning, but now with your help it works flawless again! In fact it works even better than before, using the internal player instead of mplayer :)

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i'm new to mediaportal and have just tried this plugin, which works very nice for youtube videos and google videos, but i have a problem when i try to watch apple trailers (a have quicktime alternative installed), i get the listing with the trailers and all the images, but when i select one trailer to play i get the download progress bar which does never finish...

in the logs i get the following error

Code:
    2008-09-28 20:56:55.093750 [Info.][MPMain]: GetDesiredTrailerStream - desiredSize=h640
    2008-09-28 20:56:55.093750 [Info.][MPMain]: Adding stream to collection:
    2008-09-28 20:56:55.093750 [Info.][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
       bei OnlineVideos.ItunesTrailerUtil.getTrailerUrl(VideoInfo video)
       bei OnlineVideos.ItunesTrailerUtil.getUrl(VideoInfo video, SiteSettings foSite)
       bei OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos.Play(VideoInfo foListItem)
       bei OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

i attached the full logs of the browsing session...

would be nice if someone can help me with this error...

thx in advance

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    AFAIK playback of appletrailers in this plugin is broken. BTW stepko, it was nice to be able to playback youtube content without mplayer. good work :)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey peps.. It is so good to see development still going on this plugin, if this was developed correctly it would be an absolute showstopper!!! Introduce Miro and you are on your way!!!

BuUrMaN

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    AFAIK playback of appletrailers in this plugin is broken. BTW stepko, it was nice to be able to playback youtube content without mplayer. good work :)

I confirm that.. did work a few months ago, but they changed something on the apple site I think..

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe you can update the name of this post from
    Online Videos v0.33 (03/18/2008) - Updated 03/19
    to
    Online Videos v0.36 (09/16/2008)

because now we have a thread called 'Online Videos v0.32 (v0.32 01-28-2008)' (which is old and should be closed)
    and we have a thread that's called Online Videos v0.33 (03/18/2008) - Updated 03/19 which contains v0.36 updated on 09/16/2008.

As you can imagine this is not good for consistancy and causes confusion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom