OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: OnlineVideos 0.19 (29.03.2010)

But for files of that size you should use a streaming protocol. HTTP is not really suited for that.

But i haven't found one for streaming mkv or mp4 or something else which is working... you know one?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.19 (29.03.2010)

There aren't that many options (ask google for media streaming protocols). You will need to make sure that you have a server that can deliver (recode on the fly if needed) a protocol that you have a directshow filter on the client to play in realtime.
    Microsoft way would be mms protocol. If this is not possible for you, I cannot recommed anything else because of lack of experiance.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

server runs linux :-( seems like i'll fail - i thought this is an easy task...

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

But in the example / that case it is using live transcoding i think that is not possible at such a high bitrate :-(

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I don't really understand this auto update system. Emplifix and ******* didn't work in 17 and 18 versions. They are not working now with 19 version. Hamster search has not been working since the last year. What am I updating exactly?

These sites change often, it has nothing to do with the version of OnlineVideos when they are working. I just fixed all 3 of them, should get picked up by the AutoUpdate now. (Empflix will not work yet, you need to wait for 0.20, because I had to also change something in the base dll).

I don't have the time to regularly check all sites if they are still working, so I won't notice them breaking. Because of that there is now a "Report" button inside OnlineVideos Configuration where you can post a small info that the site is now broken. (This feature still needs more love, but once you report something broken, the Site Manager will mark it with a yellow instead of green icon.)

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

excellent plugin. The only ability that seems lacking is seek while playing FLV. At least you can pick mp4 now though.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That's a bug or missing feature of the FLVSplitter. Might help to aks the MPC-HC devs to look into the source.
    Seeking is only possible when the download is that far progressed (that counts for mp4 or any other http source). Only thing that mp4 splitter (Haali) does better, is knowing the size wihtout having the whole file at hand. The FLVSplitter could do the same, because almost all flv files have the metadata up front, but from my tests, the FlvSPlitter trys to seek to the end of the file when starting playback. Not sure why, but that's the reason it won't tell the duration and current position of playback, and therefore not allow seeking.

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

That's a bug or missing feature of the FLVSplitter. Might help to aks the MPC-HC devs to look into the source.
    Seeking is only possible when the download is that far progressed (that counts for mp4 or any other http source). Only thing that mp4 splitter (Haali) does better, is knowing the size wihtout having the whole file at hand. The FLVSplitter could do the same, because almost all flv files have the metadata up front, but from my tests, the FlvSPlitter trys to seek to the end of the file when starting playback. Not sure why, but that's the reason it won't tell the duration and current position of playback, and therefore not allow seeking.
    Well, I just tried another FLVSplitter: Browse Guliverkli2 Files on SourceForge.net
    I can seek with that one!

//edit
    Well.. not every flv video :(
    Is it possible, that flv's can contain a wmv video?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Yes, i already tried that one and that FLV splitter works better for me too. Especially in Win7..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom