OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Maybe CoreAVC can't handle the webstream? My preferred method for h.264 is MPC-HC Video Decoder (which will use Hardware accelaration for correct encoded files). I don't have CoreAVC installed.

Yeah I tried using MPC-HC as well, but no dice. The problem I find with MPC-HC is that it really flogs the CPU when it can't use DXVA, which happens with subs and bad encodes. So I've stuck with CoreAVC for now. It's the best software h.264 decoder you can use IMHO. The difference is 70% CPU on non-DXVA h.264 vs 20% with CoreAVC. In any case, the h.264 MOV's on Appletrailers are going through CoreAVC, so that can't be the problem.

It certainly is something to do with streams vs files, coz everything is playing fine as a downloaded file.

Can't for the life of me work out how I had it working before. Back to the drawing board. The main problem is MP isn't really telling us why the graph is failing.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Offbyone... New version seems to be working well... Just thought I'd mention that I'm just using

SAF
    Medialooks
    Realtime Alternative
    Quicktime Alternative

Thats it. Pretty much everything they recommend on the SAF forum... Only thing that does not go for me is yahoo music videos.. Which quite frankly I"m not worried about..

Just a few quick questions about future releases..

Would you think about included Google Video some time... This plug-in use to have it in 0.33..
    Would you consider pinching some code off youtube.fm and making an audio scrobbler mode with in Youtube.. This would be one cool feature as now that most people have to pay for last.fm now but you don't have to pay for the info just the stream, so using youtube as another stream is great..

PS: I'm paying for LastFM because I love it, but I know there will be others not so fortunate..

Thanks and keep up the good work... BTW the StreamedMP skin that MichaelC is working on is awsome, gotta include that in your next release :)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    thesystemera

Did you enable the Yahoo player plugin? That plugin got installed with 0.8.1, and you need to enable it to get Yahoo to work.

I've been resisting actually installing SAF (go figure, when I previously suggested this is the way to go), but only because of the minimal benefits with DXVA over CoreAVC and the caveats with DXVA. So think I'll bite the bullet and try SAF to see if I get the same result as you. Just about out of ideas for getting these mp4 streamed sites working.....

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah I enabled the plugin... I have had Yahoo Music Videos running just fine through the internal player in the past with the actual "Yahoo Music Videos" plugin...

My other streams are mostly fine...

Sorry while I got your attention... So Google video? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D:D:D:D

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Just on the codec issue offbyone.... would it be possible to work with Hoborg to get SAF working as the supported way of using this plugin? SAF seems to be becoming the "default" codec set for MP, particularly for those interested in h.264 hardware acceleration. Some collaboration here, rather than developing another codec install process, would help make the plugin more stable and supportable.

Thanks again for moving this plugin forward.... I really like this capability in MP, and MichelC's StreamedMP support completes the plugin for me. Apple Trailers has great WAF. Thanks guys.

Hmmm.... just found revision 3 wasn't working either...... changed the rss feeds to large-flash and it now works, so think I still haven't got MOV's working totally correctly yet.

That would be my ideal way, too ;) I'm trying to get a list of codecs needed to play the formats provided by online sides. Problem is, I also need to make a list what codecs "get in the way" (like haali not splitting mp4 correctly when using web streams).
    On my system revision 3 works with both mov and flv. I don't have Quicktime or the Medialooks DirectShow filter installed, I am using the MP4 Splitter from mpc-hc. That one does mov splitting as well. The audio and video inside the mov container are then played by ffdshow. (MPC-HC video decoder can't handle all audio inside movs).

Interesting :)
    What site provides MP4 streams? Would like to test it.

EDIT:
    Just small note - i can play YahooMusicVideos just fine by instaling Adobe Flash player (IE version). I added Adobe chceck in to new SAF version (not available yet).

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Hoborg, nice of you to look in over here. If you install online videos, the NASA and TedTalks sites are using MP4 streams. I think there may be others, and offbyone can probably give a more complete answer.

One of the things I'm observing is that different splitters seem to use different rules as to what codecs will get put in the graph. Haali seems to always "obey" MP video player settings with respect to MPEG 2 and h.264 decoders (and use merits for MPEG4 Part 2 and other decodes), but the MPC FLV, MPC MP4/MOV and windows AVI splitters seem to follow direct show merits, regardless of how MP is set. For example, if you have an MP4 file with h.264 content and split it with Haali, it will use MP codec settings for h.264 streams, but if you split it with the MPC splitter, it will use the MPC video and audio decoders, (if installed) as they have a very high merit. At least that is my observation. Makes for interesting troubleshooting.... not sure why MP preferences get overridden with certain splitters.

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thx really nice plugin...

but... i have one question: if i enable the adult sites via entering the pin, they are visible as log as mediaportal is running, only way to "forget" the pin is to restart mediaportal...? would be nice if there would be a way to "forget" the pin or event better re-ask for the pin every time when entering the adult section :)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hahah that is a very good point... The pin should reset once you exit the plugin.....

Could be very embarrassing to explain to the wife :oops:

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry, I have a problem with installation of this plugin!

I think my mistake was that I have not uninstalled a previous version (0.5) and just double-clicked on the file - "OnlineVideos0.8.3.mpi". It seemed to work but finally the list of channels was just empty. I checked - the xml file with all the streams is correctly installed in the beginning but once I open the MP configuration - it clears the file content so that it contains no stream informaiton anymore.
    I tried to uninstall and re-install a plugin using MP installer - but I cannot do that since it says "Invalig package" every time I try to uninstall it. Re-installing with MP installer stops with an error message that some dlls in the "ExternalPlayers" folder are blocked by another process.

I'd like to make a clean install of the latest version of this plugin. It there a way to manually uninstall it first?
    Thanks for your help!

Same issue, from doing the same thing. If you don't uninstall the previous mpi manually you really screw things up. I can no longer use this plugin. How can I manually uninstall it? Removing the files by themselves doesn't work.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm no idea why, maybe MediaPortal is still running in the background (process)? Try to delete the YahooMusicVideosPlugin dll and the two ax interop dlls with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom