OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2007
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am still having a problem. Instaaled the newist steammp skin files now i just have a picture of the background and no menus..Please help
    I'm not sure how to help you. Can you post a screenshot of the problem? Also, which version of the plugin are you using?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again Offbyone,

I just tried to view a trailer on Apple Trailers and something was changed in version 0.8.1 that prevent the clip from playing correctly. All I get is sound and there's no way to stop the playback.

I compared the logs from v0.8.0 and v0.8.2 and noticed that with 0.8.2, a call to g_Player.Play() is made instead of g_Player.PlayVideoStream(). Is there a special reason for that? I never had any problem playing/streaming .Mov files before. :confused:

EDIT: I just noticed someone else had the same problem a while back (post) but I didn't find any followup for the post.

Here are the 2 logs if that can help.

I was playing with the two methods, but it seems every PC setup needs a different way to play the formats. It all depends on what codecs and splitters are installed and what merits (priority) they have. You can currently change it in the OnlineVideoSites.xml file by hand (you'll find a playmode="Stream" or playmode="Video" on the <site> tag.

This codec thing is killing me. Even I have two pcs supposedly setup the same way, and one won't play some videos while the other does. I will try to find a way to make this easier or more configurable or somehow working :(

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Setting back to "Stream" fixed appletrailers for me. Still got my weird MP4 audio problem since installing the MPC MP4 Splitter though.... will do some more work on that now that I know what broke appletrailers.

Yeah it's like "whack a mole" trying to get codecs right sometimes - as soon as you fix one problem, another crops up somewhere else.

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I also have this MP4 no sound issue and is driving me nuts! It is not just Apple Trailers related it seems but all MP4/MOV as my other MP4/MOV movies will not play audio. So I have been playing around and downloaded a HDMOV trailer from apple to test. I can get it to play fine in Media Player Classic if I go into Options>Internal Filters and enable MP4/MOV internal filter. All works fine after a restart of MPC. WMP11 though I can't figure out? Somehow it is not calling the standalone filters. Maybe this may point someone in the right direction. I have uninstalled / re-installed nearly every codec I can think of and tried offbyone's codec settings. Also is it just me or is there also a lot more Video Codec Settings in MP Config in 1.1?

So found that I uninstalled ffdshow, restart pc, install new ffdshow release, restart pc then found when I went to play an mkv it didn't play also but I had installed offbyone's codecs? I thaught this strange so I re-ran the BAT file and re-installed the codecs and all is now working great! Very weird.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    could we get separate facade for details screen?

you can see why on the screenshot :) facade normally covers the whole panel, in details screen i need it to shrink so it doesn't cover the rest of the skin elements, however this is currently impossible..

attached is what i get with version 0.8.2

movie name is gone in the list.. don't like that..

what i was thinking is to add another facade (lets say id 51) containing only listcontrol for details screen..

btw, #releasedate property is fixed and #header.label now has nice names too, thanks!

Attachments

• 16-44-37.png
      16-44-37.png
      450.1 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I can figure out how that works with another fascade ;), I'll include it!

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    all that you should do is include (add) this in the GUIOnlinevideos.cs in the "Skin Controls" region..

[SkinControlAttribute(51)]
    protected GUIFacadeControl facadeViewDetails = null;

and then, wherever you were referencing facadeVidew for details screen, you now reference new facadeViewDetails..

think that should do it :)

MichelC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2007
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi again Offbyone,

I just tried to view a trailer on Apple Trailers and something was changed in version 0.8.1 that prevent the clip from playing correctly. All I get is sound and there's no way to stop the playback.

I compared the logs from v0.8.0 and v0.8.2 and noticed that with 0.8.2, a call to g_Player.Play() is made instead of g_Player.PlayVideoStream(). Is there a special reason for that? I never had any problem playing/streaming .Mov files before. :confused:

EDIT: I just noticed someone else had the same problem a while back (post) but I didn't find any followup for the post.

Here are the 2 logs if that can help.

I was playing with the two methods, but it seems every PC setup needs a different way to play the formats. It all depends on what codecs and splitters are installed and what merits (priority) they have. You can currently change it in the OnlineVideoSites.xml file by hand (you'll find a playmode="Stream" or playmode="Video" on the <site> tag.

This codec thing is killing me. Even I have two pcs supposedly setup the same way, and one won't play some videos while the other does. I will try to find a way to make this easier or more configurable or somehow working :(
    Yep. That fixed it. This may be a stupid question but, shouldn't they all be in "Stream" mode since all the clips come from the web?

Anyways, thanks for the fix Offbyone. ;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep. That fixed it. This may be a stupid question but, shouldn't they all be in "Stream" mode since all the clips come from the web?

Anyways, thanks for the fix Offbyone. ;)

The name is misleading I think. I don't have the deepest knowledge of what those function do, but PlayStream can only be used when there will be no redirection and the directshow codec setup is able to play the file. Play will also look at external possibilities, but in the end they both will play a url or file. If someone knows more about this, please let me know! Sometime I found only the PlayStream method to work and sometimes only the Play method, but I don't know exactly why, so I included it in the xml for the user to chose and play with ;)

MichelC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2007
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The name is misleading I think. I don't have the deepest knowledge of what those function do, but PlayStream can only be used when there will be no redirection and the directshow codec setup is able to play the file. Play will also look at external possibilities, but in the end they both will play a url or file. If someone knows more about this, please let me know! Sometime I found only the PlayStream method to work and sometimes only the Play method, but I don't know exactly why, so I included it in the xml for the user to chose and play with ;)
    I see. In that case, can you add this parameter in the configuration module? Just a suggestion.

Regarding the skin I'm working on, I have a favor to ask you. Is it possible that you initialize the #desc property with an empty string when entering the plugin? The reason is, I want to display the description of the clips somewhere on the screen. But the first time I enter the plugin, the property is null (or something) and "#desc" is displayed instead of nothing. Initializing the property to an empty string should solve this. Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for all your efforts on this plugin. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom