OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andreyua

Re: OnlineVideos 0.24 (28.07.2010)

Why i cannot see EX.ua site in Version 0.24 (stable) . What i must do ?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.24 (18.04.2010)

... With the release of 0.21 the downloads will be put in seperate folders according to their site and pin protection will be applied. This is already in SVN ;)

Hi offbyone,
    I finally got around to trying this out and found a bit of a hole in the security. The individual download directories for PIN-protected sites are indeed invisible until the PIN is entered. However, the thumbnails and titles of the downloaded videos from the protected sites are still visible under "All" and the videos can also be started by clicking on them there.
    Nonetheless, OfflineVideos is IMHO the most powerful and best-maintained plug-in for MP. Thanks for all of your great work!
    Regards,
    rsbrux

infabo

Portal Member
    October 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: OnlineVideos 0.24 (28.07.2010)

when you consider all non-working - offline - sites then i'd really call it "oFFline videos" :D :D

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

infabo: As you should know the majority of online video sites change their access urls and other parameters very often to prevent access without entering the sites via a webbrowser. As most of them are sponsored by advertising, they want that users view the ads, and that is only possible via a webbrowser.
    Therefore the changes as described above are paramount for them, and the team behind OnlineVideos is struggling every day to gain access again.
    Please consider this in the future before posting nonsense ;)

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008

Do you have the same problem? I am using FFDShow as video and audio decoder with tray icons enabled and OnlineVideos does not close the graph properly after playing a streamed FLV-video (also using Cyberlink Splitter from Power DVD 10). I can see that the ffdshow icons does not disappear after stopping the playback.

After starting a new video another ffdshow instance is opened and two new icons are displayed. All instances are still open and with a double click the ffdshow menu appears.

I tested this on two systems and the behaviour is the same.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: AW: OnlineVideos 0.24 (28.07.2010)

Now online (and previously offline ;-) is SF1. The picture is very jittery, but the sound is good. Unfortunately, during playback, none of the transport control buttons work (Stop, Pause, Rewind, Forward, etc.). I could only stop "Grand Prix der Volksmusik" by killing (and restarting) the MediaPortal process (logs attached). I don't recall having these problems in Online Videos before. Could it be a side effect of selecting the (by default unchecked) FLV splitter installation option? From the desccription I expected it to give me more control over playback, but the result seems to be no control!
    Once again, offbyone, many :D for a great plugin, and especially for getting SF1 to worK!

P.S. After further testing, it appears that this behaviour is due to the Intelligent Frame Correction (IFC) plugin. :sorry: about the confusion!

infabo

Portal Member
    October 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I'm aware of this. but i don't understand that myvideo.de isn't working for serveral weeks now and just....nothing. i can understand, that from a report ("hey, site xyz is down") to a fix there can be 1 week or maybe 2 between. but hey, more and more sites aren't available anymore and just....nothing. and i'm sorry for posting nonsense.

@infabo: As you should know the majority of online video sites change their access urls and other parameters very often to prevent access without entering the sites via a webbrowser. As most of them are sponsored by advertising, they want that users view the ads, and that is only possible via a webbrowser.
    Therefore the changes as described above are paramount for them, and the team behind OnlineVideos is struggling every day to gain access again.
    Please consider this in the future before posting nonsense ;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.24 (18.04.2010)

Thanks for reporting, I missed that one ;)
    I fixed this in current svn, so in 0.25 downloaded videos will be filtered for age confirmation sites in the "All" category as well.

... With the release of 0.21 the downloads will be put in seperate folders according to their site and pin protection will be applied. This is already in SVN ;)

Hi offbyone,
    I finally got around to trying this out and found a bit of a hole in the security. The individual download directories for PIN-protected sites are indeed invisible until the PIN is entered. However, the thumbnails and titles of the downloaded videos from the protected sites are still visible under "All" and the videos can also be started by clicking on them there.
    Nonetheless, OfflineVideos is IMHO the most powerful and best-maintained plug-in for MP. Thanks for all of your great work!
    Regards,
    rsbrux

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom