OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboss97

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
Re: OnlineVideos 0.26 Missing in Home Menu

I just installed OV 0.26 on my MP 1.2 (XP SP2). I can't find it in Home menu and it's not under plugin either. I checked the configuration it's should show in Home menu. There was not crash or error during the installation.
I tried 0.24. It appears in the home menu. But then I can't update the site list.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
August 22, 2009
Australia
Home Country
Watch-Movies has broken on me

Last night, I successfully used both Watch-Series and Watch-Movies. This morning, Watch-Series is still fine, but Watch-Movies produces "Error getting dynamic categories." A log is attached.

I suspect that this is due to some corruption, but, unfortunately, I was waiting for my holidays next week to fix my automatic backups. The config program now shows Watch-Series as the site util for Watch-Movies, and there is nothing for Watch-Movies on the list. I can't remember if this is normal, but it seems to me there used to be two utils.

If this is the problem, you may advise me to run the util application. I have read everything I can find to read, though, and I cannot find a way to run this. The last time I asked, someone advised me to use a button that I cannot find. We assumed it was a skinning issue, but I am now using Blue3Wide, and still can't find a button. I'm sorry to be so needy, but I could really use any advice that anyone can offer.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Watch-Movies has broken on me

Last night, I successfully used both Watch-Series and Watch-Movies. This morning, Watch-Series is still fine, but Watch-Movies produces "Error getting dynamic categories." A log is attached.

I suspect that this is due to some corruption, but, unfortunately, I was waiting for my holidays next week to fix my automatic backups. The config program now shows Watch-Series as the site util for Watch-Movies, and there is nothing for Watch-Movies on the list. I can't remember if this is normal, but it seems to me there used to be two utils.

If this is the problem, you may advise me to run the util application. I have read everything I can find to read, though, and I cannot find a way to run this. The last time I asked, someone advised me to use a button that I cannot find. We assumed it was a skinning issue, but I am now using Blue3Wide, and still can't find a button. I'm sorry to be so needy, but I could really use any advice that anyone can offer.

There is just one util, which handles both websites, and I noticed here that watch-movies does indeed give the error you specified. So the good news is that there is no curruption on your side, but the bad news is that I have to get it working again :)
    After closer inspectation: The site is offline (I hope it's just for maintenance...)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.26 (24.10.2010)

I tried to update OnlineVideos from 0.25 to 0.26 using the MP extensions plug-in, but it hung displaying "Installing OnlineVideos...". After killing MP and rebooting the system, I installed the MPEI file manually and restarted MP. Now MP tells me there are "Pending Actions", and if I let it try to do them, it tries "Installing OnlineVideos..." and hangs again. During the manual installation of OnlineVideos 0.26, I had two UAC prompts. This surprised me because I am running XP MCE and have never had UAC prompts before. Could this have something to do with the problems the MP installer plug-in is having? How should I proceed?

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    Re: Watch-Movies has broken on me

There is just one util, which handles both websites, and I noticed here that watch-movies does indeed give the error you specified. So the good news is that there is no curruption on your side, but the bad news is that I have to get it working again :)
    After closer inspectation: The site is offline (I hope it's just for maintenance...)

Yes, all appears to be well again. Thanks for looking into this. It's amazing how quickly a human becomes dependent upon things that didn't exist five years beforehand.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.26 (24.10.2010)

It's amazing how quickly a human becomes dependent upon things that didn't exist five years beforehand.
    Dependent!?
    Stop the press!! MP is now 'Required for the continuation of human life' - Air, heat, water, food and MP! :D

lol

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    Cannot install 0.27--advice on FAQ does not help

New version (0.27) now available.

I have read this in the FAQ:

Q: My Mediaportal Config always tells me that there is a problem with OnlineVideos.dll or "An error occured while loading the plugin file OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll It is broken or incompatible with the current version of Media Portal and wont be loaded" error pops up, what should i do?
    A: Simply delete the File OnlineVideos.dll from Plugins\Windows. MAKE SURE YOU DELETE IT - renaming it doesn't work!

Although this is exactly the message I am receiving, there is no such file in that directory. There is an OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll there, and an OnlineVideos.dll file in Plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos. I have tried deleting both, reinstalling the plugin each time. The result is always the same error message.

This is immediately after installing Mediaportal 1.1.1 (I had been previously using 1.1.0). I guess I will try restoring from backup and installing the plugin without upgrading first. Any advice would be most welcome.

I am enclosing the Installation log and the Mediaportal log.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.27 (28.11.2010)

Check your MediaPortal.xml (c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\) for an entry with OnlineVideos.dll and delete that one if there.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.27 (28.11.2010)

Ah, I just checked your logs and you did exactly what I posted NOT to do in the first post. You installed the attached version which is NOT for MP1.1.x! Please read the post carefully!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom