OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, that's nice.. Is a new version close to release Doskabouter? :)

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Is it possible to ignore flv streams on youtube, so you get only webm and mp4 streams in the selection.
    mp4 and webm streams allows seeking over the buffered position, without hanging/crashing.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since there are now many requests for the skipping of the playback options, but all focused on a particular site, I decided to think closer about this feature and came up with the following:
    1. In order to make it possible to skip the extra dialog on every video for every site - we need a second way of starting playback. Currenly we only use SELECT (keyboard default ENTER) on the selected item to start playback. I will enable pressing PLAY (keyboard default P) which will start playback without showing the playback options dialog. It will automatically play the entry that would be selected in the dialog.

2. Only the site itself offering playback options can know how to give some configuration options that allow the user to prioritize them. Of course this means the site author has to implement some logic, fallback strategies and config options, but some sites already have this. We can incrementally add those later on, because we can update the sites regardless of OnlineVideos releases.
    So for the next version I will add option 1 and try to find some config options for YouTube that allows the user to prioritize the formats.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    Can I also suggest that the file type be displayed in the list of choices? It would be nice to know if one is choosing FLV or AVI, etc. An indication of the resolution might also be nice on the list, but I'm not sure there is a way to achieve this without downloading and processing part of the file.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It depends totally on the site what info is shown for the playback choices, so unless you tell us which site you are talking about, we can't know it. For YouTube, the types are already displayed. But most of the time we do not know the filetype before actually playing it, since the site does not offer that info.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    Well, I use a variety of sites...mostly Watch-Series and Watch-Movies, I suppose. However, I was noticing that the download feature currently delivers files with the correct extension on the filename. If the software is able to determine that detail when creating the filename, then perhaps it could include the same detail when displaying the list of choices. I guess you are saying that the download or playback has to start before the software begins analysing the file.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I wouldn't count on the extension being correct 100%. Onlinevideos tries to determine an extension based on the url,hoster,etc, and has a fallback if nothing was found.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    Fair enough, but it would still be nice to have that estimation in advance, if possible. From what you have told me, it should be; it seems, from what you have said, as though the program does not need to look at a downloaded file to guess the extension.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you seem to have figured it out perfectly why don't you supply a patch that will do what you ask?

Especially on those sites with lots of Hosters, the possible file extension can only be guesses after making the request for the actual file and looking at it's url. This would mean before the list of Hosters would pop up - for every entry a http request would have to be made - which could take minutes to complete. So you rather want to wait a minute just to see the possible extenion of the files in the list?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom