OnlineVideos 0.5.0 01/06/2009 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For what it's worth... I'm currently in the process of creating a generic video browser plugin much like Online Videos. It will use scriptable datasources (using the Scriptable Scraper Engine from the Cornerstone framework used in Moving Pictures). This means the community can add / maintain video sources (using XML) without the need to compile/release new plugin versions.

I say "generic" because i will only focus on a "search/navigate and play" framework with some default image/text labels available to the skinner.
    I won't add source specific information because i believe when you take that route it's better to do a standalone plugin.

Paglioni

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    I've tried OnlineVideos but i can't get it to work
    besides configuring all codecs and players, i don't even get anything from the plugin.

If i try to configure it from the configuration manager, i get a windows with some blank fields on the upper part, where only the thumb pat and apple trailers max quality with values, and the "sites" and "sites categories" parts blank with disabled fields (only the "Enabled" field in sites is working, but it does nothing).

if i go to the plugin inside media portal, i only get a "favourite" line that does nothing.

What i'm missing?

SunnyFunny

Portal Member
    March 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

i installed onlinevideos addon today. but the only think getting work is apple. youtube show me nothink. the other site show me the preview pics, but when i select a video nothing happens :(

i installed mplayer addon and the latest mplayer. is there a guide how to config all the addons and the player?

Paglioni

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    I get this in the mp log

2009-03-16 11.59.45.338438 [Info.][MPMain]: Load plugins from : C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\OnlineVideos.dll
    2009-03-16 11.59.45.341438 [Info.][MPMain]: File Version : 1.0.0.0
    2009-03-16 11.59.45.359438 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at OnlineVideos.OnlineVideoSettings.loadSettings()
    2009-03-16 11.59.45.359438 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2009-03-16 11.59.45.359438 [Info.][MPMain]: site :Void loadSettings()
    2009-03-16 11.59.45.360438 [Info.][MPMain]: source :OnlineVideos
    2009-03-16 11.59.45.360438 [Info.][MPMain]: stacktrace: at OnlineVideos.OnlineVideoSettings.loadSettings()

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    armandp you are a legend, your stuff should so come included with MP packaged...

Great idea on the scripting notion, sounds very simular to the technique BOXEE is using, and for that reason alone it is a great one... Thanks

Wolfmage

Portal Member
    July 28, 2008
    Any particular reason that everything but youtube would be working? I select a youtube site category, but nothing happens. Tried checking the RSS in the config and it's the right one. Tried with and without login details. I'm using the .51 version with the latest StreamedMP.

EDIT: that's weird it's working fully now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom