Onlinevideos 2.0 Yle Areena and Netflix for onlinevideos are broken for me. (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It was a very easy fix, now to get some useful structure of the categories/subcategories/etc (don't really know which sections are of interest, google translate is failing me a bit) so I can get started on the new site.

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Our family commonly uses only main alphabeths listing "Ohjelmat A-Ö", but I guess those main categories are fine to have in onlinevideos too ("Selaa" menu, first six items). Subcats might just be "Uusimmat", "Katsotuimmat" and "a-ö" in every categories.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks man,

I would say categories under "Selaa" and "Suorat" are all good to go, although "Selaa->Elävä arkisto" might be though,
    because it is in completely different site and structure, but it contains interesting archived Yle material.
    "Suorat" contains both Live-Tv streams of yle channels and Direct streams only in net. That would be really fantastic as there are often
    Sport streams, when there is no room for it in program map on real channels.

Br,

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just noticed an interesting thing with Yle Areena, there is a version with Swedish content, http://arenan.yle.fi/tv. As I'm of Finnish descent but not understanding more Finnish than Ei saa peittää the Swedish content would be interesting for me and maybe for the 5% of Finns having Swedish as first language (how many MP users is this? approx 12? :p).

Eidt: And it might be easier for me to do the site...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Eidt: And it might be easier for me to do the site...

Are you willing/having the time to take over the site from me?
    At first, it was quite a puzzle to get it working, so that was fun to do, but now it's just one of the many sites I'm maintaining :)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are you willing/having the time to take over the site from me?
    Time? What's that?
    it's just one of the many sites I'm maintaining
    Last time I checked you only had like 80 of them... ;)

I could take the site, it might be easier for me to maintain it since I don't need google translate. The majority of site content is geoblocked from Sweden but far from all, even some of the live TV works here. You also bought some time with using the old v3 site.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, when it's ready, just call and we'll try to make the transition as smooth as possible

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just to report. I haven't had so much time for developing the past week but made som progress with the new areena site. Playback working and I think I'm on top of their api. Hopefully they won't change the site again before I've finished this work... :p

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    FYI.
    Old areena site has changed a bit, and it does not contain new content. There is a notification in old site frontpage. Im not able to watch almost anything. It looks like Yle is preparing shutting down old site soon.

Br,

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    FYI.
    Old areena site has changed a bit, and it does not contain new content. There is a notification in old site frontpage. Im not able to watch almost anything. It looks like Yle is preparing shutting down old site soon.

Br,
    I've done some work on the new Yle Areena and it seems to work OK. I committed the util the util to SVN in June but haven't published the new site since the old one worked and I was very busy with other stuff... @doskabouter time to do the "Yle Areena site switch"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom