OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (11 Viewers)

Petoodle

October 16, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have just installed Online Videos, and I have a problem with Youtube. When I click a video, it does play the sound perfectly, but the video itself is lagging. It is like I'm watching with a very poor internet connection. This is not the case, because the other video viewers in Online Videos work perfectly. And on the normal Youtube website everything works fine. Does anyone know a solution?

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

found out the following:

- SouthParkWorld: Videos are splitted in three parts. If you start a video Subtitles are activated, so I go to Info -> Subtitles and disable Subtitles. This settings is lost for the next video part, so while watching an episode I have to disable Subtitles three times.

- Amazon Prime DE is not working since a few days
- I am currently watching X Files on Amazon Prime :D Because of it's not comfortable to search for "x files" (in german: "Akte X") with remote control every time you want to watch a new episode I thought it would help to add the seoson folder to "Favorite". After doing this I was unable to go back to main menu or something else. I had to exit MediaPortal, because it was caught in this situation. Playing episodes was no problem. Everything was working, but going BACK to main Menu was not possible.
- After restarting MediaPortal and choosing the season folder from Favorite menu it doesn't work to open the folder to display the episodes. But maybe it doesn't work because Amazon Prime DE is currently not working with OnlineVideos, or it is not possible to save a folder of Amazon Prime to favorites.

- Also it would be useful if the last search termin would be stored, so that you don't have to enter the same search term everytime you want to search for the same movies or series.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

found out the following:

- SouthParkWorld: Videos are splitted in three parts. If you start a video Subtitles are activated, so I go to Info -> Subtitles and disable Subtitles. This settings is lost for the next video part, so while watching an episode I have to disable Subtitles three times.

- Amazon Prime DE is not working since a few days
    - I am currently watching X Files on Amazon Prime :D Because of it's not comfortable to search for "x files" (in german: "Akte X") with remote control every time you want to watch a new episode I thought it would help to add the seoson folder to "Favorite". After doing this I was unable to go back to main menu or something else. I had to exit MediaPortal, because it was caught in this situation. Playing episodes was no problem. Everything was working, but going BACK to main Menu was not possible.
    - After restarting MediaPortal and choosing the season folder from Favorite menu it doesn't work to open the folder to display the episodes. But maybe it doesn't work because Amazon Prime DE is currently not working with OnlineVideos, or it is not possible to save a folder of Amazon Prime to favorites.

- Also it would be useful if the last search termin would be stored, so that you don't have to enter the same search term everytime you want to search for the same movies or series.

I'll create an option to enable subtitles in southpark. I have to do some work on it anyway because southpark.nl can be (probably) removed as it's redirecting to the southpark.com

And as far as I can remember, there is a checkbox in the onlinevideos config for remembering searchhistory. Sadly it doesn't work across different sites, so if I want to search for a movie/series on different sites I have to re-enter the name for all sites...
    Amazon prime: don't know what causes your issue, but for me adding seasons or series from other sites to the favorites works flawlessly

Edit: just published a new southpark site where subtitles are configurable and disabled by default

Last edited:

PrivotSponge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2009
    BaWü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [QUOTE="PrivotSponge, post: 1156307, member: “]
    The latest IP Source filter is installed.
    Beside the windows codecs there is only LAV Audio and Video and AC3Filter installed.

Sponge[/QUOTE]

I also edited the win registry because of changing merits of directshow filters and preferred filters. (Ac3filter)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just remembered (not sure if I remember it correctly) there used to be some issues when only the latest .NET framework was installed, but I don't know (and can't find) which framework to install too.
    Anyone else know which one it was?

Perhaps logs of a problematic playback would help solve this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom