OnlineVideos clone of LAMBDA'S EXODUS addon possible? (1 Viewer)

Angst

Portal Member
November 14, 2016
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi OnlineVideos devs

What are the chances that we could get a clone-equivalent of Kodi's Exodus add-on within the OnlineVideos plugin?
While I adore MediaPortal, the only drawback is that it lacks the ease-of-use when setting up online streaming - such as Exodus provides. I was wondering why this is the case, and whether it would be possible to get an exodus-like experience within OnlineVideos?

Curiously yours

Angst

Angst

Portal Member
November 14, 2016
Home Country
It should be possible, but it sure is a lot of work...

I know :(... which is why I understand that it hasn't already been done to THAT extent in the OnlineVideos plugin... yet... (not to mention regular "provider/sources" maintenance, dedication and updates which it would require); but, the fact that it Exodus exists means it CAN be done... and it really is, in my opinion at least, the only feature which MP lacks. Feel like giving it a go @doskabouter? :coffee:

I suppose the only thing to be done is request that the 'providers' which Exodus uses be added to OnlineVideos?

(Darn, but Exodus is a oddly elegant and functional piece of coding and problem-solving; it must be able to duplicate it as an *enhanced* OnlineVideos plugin for MP).

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just took a bit of a look into the exodus sources, and it's a massive amount of python that has to be translated into c# to get it to work in onlinevideos, and I sure don't have the time and motivation to take on such a large project.

If there are interesting parts in this plugin that are a valuable addition to the sites already present, I can always take a look to see if it's worth it.

Angst

Portal Member
    November 14, 2016
    Home Country
    If there are interesting parts in this plugin that are a valuable addition to the sites already present, I can always take a look to see if it's worth it.

Thank you for your trouble and willingness to be of assistance. I have been wanting to thank you for the configs etc. that you've done within OnlineVideos. (y):cool:

I was wondering, as an feature request for the OnlineVideos plugin, is there a way to create a new entry on the OnlineVideos main page. (Under Sites, Favourites, etc.) something like 'External Player', which will allow you to launch an external applications like MediaBrowser Theater, Netflix app, Kodi (my Kodi boots directly into the Exodos plug-in from startup)
    Is this a feature that anyone other than me would like to see? :confused: Being able to open a 3rd party streaming program from within the OnlineVideos plugin; that way all your streaming options are located under one heading.

Angst

Portal Member
    November 14, 2016
    Home Country

I'm hoping to have a way to keep all Streaming under one heading; and OnlineVideos seems to be a good place to consolidate.

(@avee , thank you for your suggestion. (y) I can however confirm that while MyPrograms and MyMenu are a bit dated and didn't work for me, MultiShortcut_V2.5.rar is still functional on later versions of ME1 and has allowed me to boot directly into Exodus from MP1. :D )

Last edited:

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here is another vote for this to be implemented into Mediaportal 1 or 2 via online videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom