OnlineVideos-Netflix not working in Australia

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by Rustyapron, April 7, 2016.

1. Rustyapron

Rustyapron Portal Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi, i'm trying to get Onlinevideos Netflix to work but just get "error getting dynamic categories". I have been using online videos for a little while and it does work ok with other sites. I live in Australia, and running Win 10. I am able to log in to Netflix, I can select my profile and I get the top level categories, then the second level, but beyond that I get the dynamic categories error after about 3 seconds. I have Silverlight installed but the error occurred before I installed that. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ministerk
    • Super User

Ministerk Super User

Systems developer
    Ratings:
    +831 / 3
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I'm at work at the moment so just a quick reply (hope the time difference won't be a problem...).

First check that you have disabled test participation https://www.netflix.com/DoNotTest?fullpage=true

Secondly, are you a new Netflix user? It might be that you have to use Netflix in the browser for some time before it works in OnlineVideos (it was a problem for another user some time ago). It might enough to click around, play some content and add something to My List.

The third thing to do is to collect logs
    Remove all old logs (in your start menu you have a folder link to mediaportal user files, open that shortcut and find the logs folder and remove all old log files)
    Enable verbose logging in site setting (the same place you entered your credentials)
    Start mediaportal with the WatchDog, pick the second alternative and reproduce the error.
    Report with the logs and an exact description on what you did to get your error.

4. Rustyapron

Rustyapron Portal Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi Ministerk, I disabled test participation as you advised and presto! it works. Thank you so much. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rustyapron

Rustyapron Portal Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi again, Onlinevideos-Netflix has stopped working. I can select videos but they don't play. The spiral runs for 20 seconds then it falls back to the menu again. The 20 second time-out is very consistent. I've changed the netflix webrequest timeout to 30 seconds but that didnt make any difference. I've also changed the onlinevideos generic webrequest time-outs to 30 seconds, again no change. Is there a 20 second time-out somewhere else? Your help to get this running again would be most appreciated.

6. Ministerk
    • Super User

Ministerk Super User

Systems developer
    Ratings:
    +831 / 3
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I've quoted some instructions from the Netflix threads opening post:

7. Rustyapron

Rustyapron Portal Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi again, thanks for the prompts above. I did the Internet Explorer thing, and changed the BrowserHost timeout to 40 seconds from 20 seconds. On trying the first video it went to the 40 second timeout before closing and returning to the menu. Then I tried a new video that I had not tried to open before and it worked, this time it starts the video at around 15 seconds from selection. Before the changes I had tried quite a few new videos but always got the 20 second timeout so something has certainly changed, but still a bit curious. Anyhow its working again so thank you. :)

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!