doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm currently working on fixing the login issues for netflix and I need to add some extra browser things.
    As this has some dependencies on the MP version this needs to be fixed for MP2 too.

Is anyone willing/available to do this for MP2 once I have it working for MP1? Because I can't release the updated siteutil until both MP versions are tested and working.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Sorry i dont have Netflix :(

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @doskabouter before you change other things, did you consider my WebDriver approach to remote-control browsers? It's working quite well for AP and I guess it could be useful for NetFlix as well.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @doskabouter before you change other things, did you consider my WebDriver approach to remote-control browsers? It's working quite well for AP and I guess it could be useful for NetFlix as well.

To be honest, I didn't look into that yet.
    Don't even know if it would fix the current issue: logging in has to be done as a human on the website, the cookies need to be fetched and they can be used for subsequent requests through the normal getwebdata calls.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, the WebDriver approach does not separate between interactive login and later automation. It all is "human interaction automation". That was the main advantage for me when I redeveloped AP plugin (I had same issue with token and cookies).

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    true, but (at least I assume that) you want to browse through the videos and categories with the MP gui, and that is ofcourse never human interaction from the website's perspective.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, this is working as well: I do remote-control 2 instances. One does run "headless" and is used for "browsing" and parsing of categories, videos etc. The visible browser instance is first executed when I run playback of an item.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, sounds nice.
    I would guess that for this to be included in onlinevideos properly it needs a new release of onlinevideos?
    It seems like a bigger task to me right now than just patching things in the current workflow.
    I know it's probably better in the long run to go with your solution, but I think that's going to take a bit more time than I have right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom