OnlineVideos Plugin (now with Apple trailers) (v0.32 01-28-2008) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    When running the videos in full screen mode, they appear very poor quality.

What would be good would to have them run in say a half screen mode.

I use Revision/Replicant skin and when I minimise the video, I see something about postage stamp size at the bottom of the screen, which is too small.

I may be either missing something, have too slow an internet connection (1.5/256) or just stupid (or maybe all of the above.

Could someone post a screenshot of how it looks on their system (or is this not possible) or maybe just describe what I need to look for to improve the quality of what I am seeing. The plug in works fine, its just not worth it on my system.

Thanks for any suggestions

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    I solved (worked around) my 'black small window' problem by disabling flvplayer and adding a ".flv" entry to mplayer plugin (+use external setting).

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I solved (worked around) my 'black small window' problem by disabling flvplayer and adding a ".flv" entry to mplayer plugin (+use external setting).

bigj,

do this work for all of the sites? gregmac had have problems with some of the new ones!

The new version may not be able use the MPlayer plugin. Mplayer refuses to play videos from Google Videos, Metacafe, Grouper, and a couple of the new sites. When trying to play videos from these sites, mplayer logs the following error:
    "stream not seekable"

If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know.

if not, we'll have to keep using the FLVPlayer :-(

/spenca

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    I can confirm that those sites don't work with mplayer - I had only tried youtube as a test :( .

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I got one question, why does one need the mplayerplugin when ffdshow almost works with Apple trailers. The only problem is that to see the actual trailer you have to press "My Videos" twice so you can see the actual video.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I realy---realy mis this plugin. I've read the whole thread and tried every suggested solution, but nothing works.
    All I see when I start a clip is a small black box in the upper left corner.

Any ideas?

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    gregmac,

i installed latest svn (from 8th june 07), now i have just a black box when i click a video. google make nothing, no videos in the list. and when i start groupter and some else MP hangs.

i love this plugin, but it's far away from something about stable!! the htpc this plugin runs is my "main entertainment" box, so it should be able to run stable for an evening, but so i will deinstall your plugin and hope you will fix these many problems when you have time, or perhaps someone else can make a rewrite of the code?

greetz!

spenca

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom