OnlineVideos Plugin (now with Apple trailers) (v0.32 01-28-2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha

Portal Member
March 16, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Could anyone please tell me how they got youtube to work with mplayer? I can manage to play apple trailers just fine with mplayer, but youtube just gives me a quick flash to mplayer and then back to mediaportal again. I enabled the open in external player. I use the latest official version of mpalyer

Buddha

Portal Member
March 16, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you refer to a flv splitter, yes. I can play .flv files without problems with windows media player, but when I try mplayergui i get a error, so I think I have to look for the problem somewhere in mplayer. I use the latest stable build from the mplayer website.

styxie

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Just a quick question, I hope this hasn't been asked before, but do you have to have Quicktime Alternative installed for the Apple trailers to work, or will it also work with the normal Quicktime? I tried this plugin (without Quicktime Alternative) and it didn't work.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Anyone else who has the problem that videos from youtube has stopped working?

Yes - I tested out with 0.2.2.0 SVN 12633 build 14.01 2207/22:45 CET and it no videos play for any of the online video sources!

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using 0.2.3.0 RC1 + the latest SVN and the plugin isn't working at all. To bad. I wish I had the C# skills to adopt the plugin. I really mis it.
    I've installed the latest version from the startpost.

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2007
    oh thats good my youtube videos have stopped working as well..

I thought it was my system I did a complete reinstall im still using latest stable release and it was working fine for me before but now not.. I tried reinstalling flv player and reinstalling the plugin but still no go..

I didnt check the log but maybe something changed with www.youtube.com for it not to work anymore??

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    What kind of crap is MP?? every new revision, more and more plugins stops from working, skins get outdated and also doesn't work... things that are working fine before, begins to fail now.... every new version of MP, has new features and works even worst than before... I'm following the project from years, and i can believe it.. it's the only program that i saw that every new version is worst... it's just a software for very advanced users with a lot of spare time...

:sorry: I'm sorry for this flame, but i'm burn with this issue. I know the BLA BLA BLA about the program it's free... it's open source, etc, etc... i can't believe that making this simple software could be SO difficult...

Regards, :D

Anthrax

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    pretty much in the center
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello patricon,

i suppose you are using svn-versions and might already know that these are always cutting edge untested builds. Stable versions are clearly marked as such and there is absolutely no point in blaming the devs for instable subversions, evergrowing bugs, skin support, etc.

A whole bunch of people are putting their hearts into this awesome software - please never forget this. So be patient, polite and try to help by finding and reporting the bugs that are nagging you or try to fix them yourself and add value not fire to this forum.

bye,
    Anthrax

PS: I know I shouldn't have replied to this sort of post. Let's all get over it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom