Only reinstall to 1.11.0 when running 1.11.0 setup again (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I normally run advanced install , then dedicated tvserver. when finished i run the setup again and install the mediaportal client, but that doesnt work with 1.11.0.
    When i run the setup again , it gives me 2 choices.
    Reinstall to 1.11.0 (which it already is).
    Or do a clean install

So it doesnt detect the correct version , bug ? or is this behaviour normal (i havent done this in a long time, so it might be changed in the past i dont know).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We changed/added the re-install option, so users could re-install again without losing settings.
    What happens when you select 'Re-install'? Can you select Client only or Single seat after that? Although i expect an uninstall process done first...

As an (easy) alternative: open de installer with 7zip, extract the mediaportal-package.exe from it and run that to install your client ;) with the NSIS installer you can always up/downgrade.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We changed/added the re-install option, so users could re-install again without losing settings.
    What happens when you select 'Re-install'? Can you select Client only or Single seat after that? Although i expect an uninstall process done first...

As an (easy) alternative: open de installer with 7zip, extract the mediaportal-package.exe from it and run that to install your client ;) with the NSIS installer you can always up/downgrade.
    no didnt try the reinstall , didnt want to lose the EPG and channel settings i editted :)

the mediaportal package is not enough , there is no tv option in the mediaportal settings

i did the download only and use the tvserver/client package after that , and now it works
    more complicated then before if you ask me ;)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nah, not more complicated ;)
    Normally the Deploy Tool installer runs those 2 NSIS packages which you just extracted.
    Now you have a better understanding of the installer ;)

didnt want to lose the EPG and channel settings i editted :)
    I did a new scan yesterday, but noticed that tuning frequencies weren't updated, so i removed all channels and did a clean scan. All were found, but for some weird reason it picked up wrong frequencies for RTL4. manual adjustment fixed that channel, but even NPO1 & NPO3 aren't tunable now :( Same goes for Veronica. I get EPG but can't tune. Think Ziggo really needs to fix the leftover issues...

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nah, not more complicated ;)
    Normally the Deploy Tool installer runs those 2 NSIS packages which you just extracted.
    Now you have a better understanding of the installer ;)

didnt want to lose the EPG and channel settings i editted :)
    I did a new scan yesterday, but noticed that tuning frequencies weren't updated, so i removed all channels and did a clean scan. All were found, but for some weird reason it picked up wrong frequencies for RTL4. manual adjustment fixed that channel, but even NPO1 & NPO3 aren't tunable now :( Same goes for Veronica. I get EPG but can't tune. Think Ziggo really needs to fix the leftover issues...

well i have gotten used to "advanced install options" , but when you run it the second time, you cant use it because you can only reinstall or clean install.
    That makes advanced install option a bit useless (no offence).
    But i understand why its made easier for the average user, that dont run MP everywhere in their house on multiseat with multiple tvservers :)

Did you use the ziggo all tuning list ? i saw something that doesnt compute :)
    you can actually scan for a whole transponderlist on 474000 and symbolrate 6900 with qam256
    is this possible in your area also ? and do you get the right list ?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    well i have gotten used to "advanced install options" , but when you run it the second time, you cant use it because you can only reinstall or clean install.
    I've never ran it a second time, so no clue what intended behavior was. But with the explanation above about the NSIS packages you should be able to word around your issue ;)

Did you use the ziggo all tuning list ?
    Nope, haven't used that since i can still take my tuningdetails from the website but worth a try :)
    I know i can for a transponderlist on 474000 but isn't that 685 & qam64?

Code:
    Scan freq:474000 Mod256Qam symbolrate:6900 ...
    Scan done, found 0 transponders...
    When i use MOD64 & 6875 then it finds 39 transponders but a lot without signal :(

** EDIT **
    Just did a rescan on 474000 6875 and now NPO 1 & 3 are working.
    Veronica HD had a frequency of 610000 but according to website it should be in transponder 2100 on 514000. After a manual change, Veronica HD is now also working :D

Last edited:

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've never ran it a second time, so no clue what intended behavior was. But with the explanation above about the NSIS packages you should be able to word around your issue ;)

Did you use the ziggo all tuning list ?
    Nope, haven't used that since i can still take my tuningdetails from the website but worth a try :)
    I know i can for a transponderlist on 474000 but isn't that 685 & qam64?

Code:
    Scan freq:474000 Mod256Qam symbolrate:6900 ...
    Scan done, found 0 transponders...
    When i use MOD64 & 6875 then it finds 39 transponders but a lot without signal :(

** EDIT **
    Just did a rescan on 474000 6875 and now NPO 1 & 3 are working.
    Veronica HD had a frequency of 610000 but according to website it should be in transponder 2100 on 514000. After a manual change, Veronica HD is now also working :D
    So they where working again , now the signal is gone on qam 256

Lol, when it works it works , if we only had the NIT option to scan like a standalonebox ;)

Also i have some disturbing news about Ziggo, i talked to an engineer from Ziggo, and within 2 years we can kiss goodbye to irdeto on Ziggo, because they gonna use UPC tech, at least thats what he was telling me , and looked pretty sure of himself.
    The new horizon box looks ok now, (with 6 tuners and pretuning of free cards to favorite channels so zapping is instant)
    (hmm feature request for MP :) )
    But still , its no MP ...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also i have some disturbing news about Ziggo, i talked to an engineer from Ziggo, and within 2 years we can kiss goodbye to irdeto on Ziggo
    That would really be a... damn... pitty... :(

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also i have some disturbing news about Ziggo, i talked to an engineer from Ziggo, and within 2 years we can kiss goodbye to irdeto on Ziggo
    That would really be a... damn... pitty... :(
    Switching to canal digital seems the only option , fitting a dish to my house will be a pain :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom