Only Single Tuner Grabs DVB-epg? (1 Viewer)

karl10247

Portal Pro
November 8, 2011
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hello all,

My problem is similar to this guys:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/grabber-only-active-if-not-card-is-in-use.129133/

I have a dual dvb-s card receiving freesat in the UK. I have the following checked in DVB-epg settings: CRC check, fill holes, grab whilst timeshift/recording, grab whilst idle.

I have noticed when tuner 1 is recording and tuner 2 is idle, tuner 2 outright refuses to grab epg data even if i attempt to force it in manual control with "refresh epg data"

Is this correct? why isnt my second tuner grabbing all that juicy epg data when its doing nowt?

Cheers

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Yes, this behavior is by design. There is development in the new TVE 3.5 to change this but this will be part of MePo 2 only and for the time being not added to MePo 1, which is under code freeze. A patch is available in the German forum. Read here . The patch can be found in posting #1.

Last edited:

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok thanks for the explanation, at least this is a well known and recognized issue not just my rig causing issues

I've just identified another issue though which maybe related to DVB-epg grabbing.
    FYI I only show the HD channels in my guide wherever possible e.g. BBC 1 HD, BBC 2 HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD, Channel 5 (not HD)

After recording programmes simultaneously last night on BBC 1 HD and ITV HD I noticed all recordings were jumpy and the audio often out of sync

I just tested this:
    Set the present program recording on BBC 1 HD
    Tried viewing ITV HD and it gave me the error UNABLE TO START TIMESHIFT
    ALL other channels would view fine, even the ITV2s, 3s, 4s

It seems my rig hates these two channels when they are used together, any ideas?

P.s. I can post this elsewhere if off topic

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tested this:
    Set the present program recording on BBC 1 HD
    Tried viewing ITV HD and it gave me the error UNABLE TO START TIMESHIFT
    ALL other channels would view fine, even the ITV2s, 3s, 4s

It seems my rig hates these two channels when they are used together, any ideas?
    Start MePo in debug mode, repeat the above and post logs.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Might be a false alarm..... I noticed that one of the two dvb-s2 tuners wasn't doing anything.... ever!! I figured I could record bbc1 and watch other channels (except itv1) because they were on the same transponder however when I tried a few more channels it gave me "no tuner free" which started ringing alarm bells that either 1 tuner in my card was dead or there was an issue with the input cable. Turns out my dad had connected the aerials rather loosely and a quick tightening up has at least allowed me to use the other tuner so more than likely the issue is resolved

This is what happens when you get your siblings to setup a HTPC for you when you are in a remote location!

Thanks for the help anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom