Only some FTA channels works in MediaPortal

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by bluebear, September 19, 2008.

1. bluebear

bluebear Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    TV-Server Version: mediaportal-svn-09-14-2008--15-54-Rev20227
    MediaPortal Version: mediaportal-svn-09-14-2008--15-54-Rev20227
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: windows xp sp3
    CPU Type: AMD BE-2350
    HDD: SAMSUNG 200GB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: 3200/ integrated
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.8
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: TT-1501
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest BDA
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Standard Mediaportal
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Standard Mediaportal
    h.264 Video Codec: Standard Mediaportal
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Local provider KOMMUNICERA
    HTPC Case: None at the moment
    Cooling: Standard
    Power Supply: FSP 350W
    Remote: none
    TV: none
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have a really odd behavoiur with Mediaportal. It seems that some unscrambled, free to watch, channels ends upp with no picture. Something is ticking cause the system feels slower. It does not freeze the program itself, but also no picture. To make it more odd. The channels on one of the transponders works fine, but the other two stands short. We are talking 10 channels lost, what can I do? To make it more interesting, they all work fine with linux mythtv, same setup otherwise. They also play well under windows and Progdvd, all of them. I´m just puzzled, do I have to retreat to mythtv or have anyone heard anything like this before?

Here is the logs showing first on free channel working as it should, and later switching to one that doesn´t. Sorry if I post to much but I had to have someone, other than my lazy eye, look at this.

previous logs removed, attached in files for readability.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bluebear

bluebear Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Bumping question.

I have now tried with RC3 and a floppyDTV-C card to no avail. My local cabel provider sends FTA channels on 3 mux:es.
    Freq: 410,418,426 Mhz with QAM64.
    Mediaportal scans and finds all channels thats delivered on them, but I can only watch the channels on Freq 418 Mhz. The others won´t start and
    ends up with a crashed TV server.

All channels works flawless with fireDTV viewer, progdvb or with linux mythtv. Why not with Mediaportal?

Happy for any suggestions, I´m stranded anyway.

4. Topstar
    • Premium Supporter

Topstar MP Donator

system engineer
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got the same problem here, also using floppydtv (s2) I can use the fta channels but can't open the scrambled ones.
    FireDTV works however...

Found out I had to read TFM... cam's are disabled by default since RC3, just enable them acording the setup wiki

5. bluebear

bluebear Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Topstar are you saying that you can see FTA channels, but can´t see scrambled ones? If so, it is not the same problem I´m afraid. I can only see some unscrambled channels from MUX 418, 1/3 of the hole package of 15 unscrambled channels. The others either crashes TV-Server or ends up with no picture. This is strange. All channels are green, they should be watchable.

Here are two cut outs from tswriter logs for working and none working channels.

Working channel:
    Not working channel:
    the log contionues like this untill it swallows a whopping 2Mb after a few seconds, probably why TV-Server later crashes.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!