onscreen keyboard

Discussion in 'X-Factor' started by bwg, August 8, 2010.

1. bwg

bwg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    I have an issue around the onscreen keyboard. The text input area is transparent with black font. In screens with black backgrounds, that makes it impossible to see the characters you have entered.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the .xml file which controls the appearance of the onscreen keyboard? Or is it something else?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bwg

bwg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    OK, after some bumbling, have discovered this; as far as I can tell, the onscreen keyboard is controlled by the dialogs.dll? No idea how they are referenced, but it looks for the images in the skin's media folder to build the onscreen keyboard (key.png is one). Reviewing the media files in the Monochrome skin, the most likely candidate for the background of the text area seemed to be "white.bmp". This file did not exist in my X-Factor skin\media folder. Dropped it in there and viola! I now have a white background for the text area of the onscreen keboard.

• Like Like x 4
  4. craige1
    • Premium Supporter

craige1 Member

ICT Manager for large organisation
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    I would like to ask cul8er to skin the virtual keyboard. It looks terrible :(.

5. cehes
    • Premium Supporter

cehes MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Re : onscreen keyboard

Many thanks for that, we were looking for a solution since the beginning :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!