OOS with any codecs (1 Viewer)

Mykee

Portal Member
March 3, 2005
Hungary, Budapest
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18 )
MediaPortal Skin: MCE
Windows Version: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.80GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: P4P800 (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
TV Card Model: Pinnacle PCTV 310i Analog
TV Card Type: Software
TV Card Driver: 3.40a
Video Card Model: Abit Radeon 9600xt-vio (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.4
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: latest
Synopsis::

I have a problem with sound. Out of sync with video. I use ChrisTV, but not error there. I tried other video and audio codecs, but error is same.
I haven't any codec pack installed. I use MCE remote control.

Mykee

Portal Member
March 3, 2005
Hungary, Budapest
Ok, sorry, my log. :oops:
I used Intervideo Audio decoder, and Mpeg2Dec video filter.
I tried with next codecs:

Video decoders:
- DScaler Mpeg 2 (freezed)
- Cyberlink Video/SP (ATI)
- Mainconcept MPEG Video
- Ulead MPEG Video (not started TV)
- Pinnacle MPEG2
- Ligos MPEG Video
- Intervideo Video

Audio decoders:
- Intervideo Audio
- Pinnacle Audio Codec (no sound in first start, I need turn off and on again TV)
- AC3Filter (no sound)
- MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM decoder (no sound)
- Ulead MPEF Audio
- Ligos MPEG Audio

And I see my processor used up to 40-60 %
I tried generate preview in graphedit, but I cannot connect Analog Tuner to Crossbar. :(
I tried change audio settings in MP setup, but I not found, which use soundcard to my tuner (310i can transfer sound to sound card with cable or use own sound interface across PCI)

thiskl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2005
    Perth, Western Australia
    Home Country
    In my experience, instead of being soley codec related, some problems are related to the Audio Renderer chosen.

I always use "Default DirectSound Device". Chosing any other audio renderer causes me syncing problems. Especially in Live TV.

I don't know why.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM decoder (no sound)

Try to find out which setting causes this codec not to work for you as it is the only one which stays in sync for me..

Mykee

Portal Member
    March 3, 2005
    Hungary, Budapest
    Ok, I tried with Intervideo codecs (audio/video) with pair, and MPEG2Dec, Cyberlink video, and Dscaler video, but nothing... Sound faster like tv picture. Tried all sound device versions (Direct Sound, WaveOut, only sound card) but same.
    I use ChrisTV too, but there is nothing error. What use Pinnacle 310i for render to output for video and audio in default? In graphedit what come after crossbar? And before?

Mykee

Portal Member
    March 3, 2005
    Hungary, Budapest
    Render problem found

I found where is the bug, buit I cannot re-programming MP!
    Problem with VMR-9 render.
    I unpacked MP 0.1.3, and watch TV. I selected Overlay mode, and everything is correct! Sound and video was in sync! But I cannot strech to full screen. VMR-9 mode (windowsless or other) not worked.
    In 0.2.0 RC4 not found Overlay or VMR-9 list, I think use only VMR-9.

I use ChrisTV, what support Overlay and VMR-9 mode too, and I use this with last mode without any problem. How? I don't know, but working. In MP 0.2.0 not working, video and audio out of sync.
    Please re-programming this render mode, or if I can change to Overlay and strech to full screen, maybe will be work.
    I tried change MediaPortal.xml file: I wrote VMR line with zero settings (like older version), but nothing.

I tried all video and audio codecs, and I have four tuners (Pinnacle PCTV Pro, Pinnacle PCTV 310i, Pinnacle Hybrid Pro Stick, Sapphire Theatrix 550 pro). Bug there with all tuners, and all codecs, I use latest video driver, and I tried in other PC too.
    I tried disable Windows Management Instrumentation service, but nothing, sound and video not in sync. :(

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Overlay was ditched because of its limitations and VMR9 was focused on. Your system should be fine (cpu, gpu), so VMR9 should work without any problems.

Its strange that all four tuners are exibiting such a problem because I know that the Theatrix 550 pro should be a hardware card.

Mykee

Portal Member
    March 3, 2005
    Hungary, Budapest
    Ok, I played with graphedit yesterday, and I captured a few images from my graphs.
    Graphs from MP 0.1.3 (overlay and VMR9) and 0.2.0 RC4, and my graph what I maked in Graphedit (pro_good_vmr9.jpg). I tried with PCTV Pro and PCTV 310i.
    A few translate:
    Rögzítés=Capture/Record
    Előnézet=Preview
    Videobemenet= Video-In

I see a problem from demux to MPEG Muxer and to filters, because if I use direct render to VMR-9, I haven't problem. My graphs is too complicated. MP used Intervideo demuxer and muxer.

And if MP use more PIN in capture filter (preview for Live TV, and record for record), then I can see and record TV.
    PCTV Pro worked with PowerDVD 7 special filter and Pinnacle Audio filter, but I need disable record mixer in audio. With other filters have oos, 310i not worked correctly with any filters.

Here is my graphs, please check it:
    http://users.atw.hu/louie/mp_graphedit.rar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom