OOS with any codecs (1 Viewer)

Dado

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
Italy
...ok I have solved: I have changed codec from MPA/MPV to NVidia Audio Decoder/NVidea Video Decoder (why native MPA/MPV of MP fails ???).

Now I have only one big problem: I can hear sound sync to video in all tuners and channels (I have used Pinnacle input onboard instead of Line In), but when I record an analog channel in the recorded file audio is mute and during recording (timeshifting on) it's all ok and I can hear audio. I have already tried to map all sources from configurator and now I have connected both line in (in audio settings of windows I have tried Line In and Aux for recording) and Pinnacle input onboard...

Someone can help me ??

Thanks in advance,
Dado

Dado

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
Italy
Hi,
I have solved all problems: with Hauppauge 350 I capture Composite and Analog channels and with Pinnacle I capture DVB-T. Hauppauge is better than Pinnacle for Analog channels!

... and now I can use MPA/MPG again for all !

Thanks,
Dado

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    thiskl said:
    In my experience, instead of being soley codec related, some problems are related to the Audio Renderer chosen.

I always use "Default DirectSound Device". Chosing any other audio renderer causes me syncing problems. Especially in Live TV.

I don't know why.

This is the answer you need.

You WILL get sync issues if you use any renderer other than direct sound, no matter what codecs you use.

In MP GUI, go to settings/TV and check your audio renderer. It should always be default directsound device.

There has been a lot of discussion about this and fixing this setting has cured all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom