Open Media Network -- http://www.omn.org (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't it be great if we could have that intergrated in MP?

• No, I'm am going to add a reason.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Probably better to give a bit more information in your post itsself.
    What is it?
    What can it be used for?
    Why do you think this would be a usefull addition?

tomtom

maxtrash

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2004
    Tilburg, Netherlands
    thanks for the link.
    current client looks very nice. Haven't been there long enough to determine the quality/quantity of the content.
    Not sure if the company allows for creating your own version of the client. It's not open source for sure.

X

X4

The bad thing is that it requires ActiveX (Bloody Microsoft).
    I wonder if ActiveX is like javascript or java (I think) where you run the source... then we could "obtain the source"

X

X4

tomtom21000 said:
    Probably better to give a bit more information in your post itsself.
    What is it?
    What can it be used for?

tomtom

What is it? Vist the link.........
    What can it be used for? Vist the link.........
    So we can download free (open) content dirctly to MP.

A

Anonymous

Just answer the questions mate it would make more people take note and actually visit the link. So many people in so many forums post crack links and I for one viewed your page and didnt click on the link to avoid potential embarassment and due to lack of info.

Could be cool

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    X4 said:
    I wonder if ActiveX is like javascript or java (I think) where you run the source...
    Visit the m$ page and find out that you are wrong. No script, it's compiled code like a DLL or an EXE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application for e.g. the .ts (or any other image, video or audio) file to MediaPortal, or via the File Explorer context menu 'Open with' as other media players can (e.g. JRiver). Currently all that happens when using...
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
    Replies
    Views
    We discussed it here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/latest-media-handler-v2-4-x-000.132114/post-1288927 Because, this really annoys me a lot, when I will have time, I would like to fix this problem. If @catavolt can give me the variables names (red rectangle) in skin, it will reduce time ;) For those who understand...
    We discussed it here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/latest-media-handler-v2-4-x-000.132114/post-1288927 Because...
    We discussed it here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/latest-media-handler-v2-4-x-000.132114/post-1288927 Because...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive over using the full UNC network path? For example, I have videos stored at \\DiskStation\video\. Would there be any benefit to mapping this folder to V: (using group policy or "map network drive") and then...
    What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive...
    What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom