[further infos missing] Opening Media Sources Overview takes way to long (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.1

Description
    Hi.
    Every time when I need to refresh my series media share manually I have to wait very long if the NAS with my movies on is not running. If I start all NAS before entering the configuration or overview it is displayed as fast as anything. But if the NAS is offline this takes ages to be shown. And every action here leads to another long wait. This is most likely due to duration of time out finding drives. I know it can take long until a network path is accessible, but it is not nice to wait for this that long, especially if one don't need to access those drive at all...
    It would be better if trying to access the drives would be started once the drive really is needed. This would save me many hours per moth waiting for this time out.
    I've done a screen video to show how long it really takes on my system.
    Logs are also attached.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Add one or more media sources on network drive that are not always online.
    Start MP2 client and navigate to Settings- Media Sources - Sources Overview (or Configuration, takes the same amount of time) while the network drives are offline.

Attachments

• Slow_MediaSources_Overview.7z
      3.3 MB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Need to check if the issue is still the same. Recently I only have test installations of MP 2.2 running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom