OpenLounge uPnP MediaServer (2 Viewers)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks, Kaoh. My music folders contains quite a few non-music files, e.g.
    .gif, .jpg, .txt, .nfo, .mpu, .sfv, .wpl, thumbs.db, desktop.ini, etc.
    These are scattered througout the directrory structure, so I'm not sure how helpful the method you suggest would be. Do you see anything in this list which could cause problems?
    Would it be possible to add a debug mode to your next release to report errors and/or scan progress in more detail?
    As an alternative, maybe you could just publish the list of "AllowedTypes".

P.S.
    Your suggestion helped after all. By sharing a subdirectory of my "shared music" folder instead of the top level, I got MPtino to start. However, my UPnP client still doesn't see any servers. It is capable of connecting to my HTPC to see its shared folders. Any ideas why the UPnP service isn't visible?

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No not really, all should be handled properly, I have most of those also.
    The only time I had this, and this is not fixed in this version yet, was that there was a m3u file (playlist) with incorrect paths to files in there. Try a find for m3u files and see if any use references that are not valid anymore.

In response to you P.S.

Make sure that MP is unblocked in your firewall if you use a windows firewall like system, else unblock the UPnP ports (do a google for those).
    See if, when you disable your firewall, it works without configurations, else you need to look for something else.
    I suggest you use the intel upnp tools to debug your network setup, if those tools can find the server its your client, else its your network ;)
    And validate in your logs that MPTine UPnP server was loaded and see if there is no exception still in the exception log, else it wasnt loaded maybey.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks for the tips! I have downloaded the Intel tools but haven't gotten around to installing them yet.
    I don't think it's a network problem, since my firewall allows all traffic within the subnet. Also the client sees the MP PC and its top-level music share.
    MPtino seems to have memory management problems when confronted with a large media list. When I added a second music directory (99 GB) to the first one (33 GB) mentioned yesterday, MPtino started, but only after spitting out a series of error messages like:
    2008-02-04 07:11:47.134296 [Info.][MPMain]: UPnP Core: Error parsing ID3 tag: Reading ID3 Tag failed, possible cause is file is still being copied, Exception from file handler: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ System.OutOfMemoryException wurde ausgelöst.
    The exception log is attached.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually that error is thrown by dotnet for any type of file access that is blocked, for example by a virus scanner or file in use. The error is solvable so that it throws better one, I did that for some section of the code, but not all. I believe that I left in in everything else then m3u and mp3, I refactored those, but not the rest.
    So probably you have a file type like images in there that are vblocked by something, or still a playlist reference that is faulty.

ManOnMoon

Portal Member
    July 26, 2006
    Germany
    UPNP Media Renderer

Chaps,

propably that's a bit off-topic, but does this plugin contain also a UPNP renderer.
    Just to explain what I intend to do: AVM is coming up a with a new VoIP WLAN phone (Fritz!Mini) that is planned to have some cool features besides telephony. The device will be able to act as a UPNP control point that is also capable of coverart viewing etc.
    If there is a UPNP Renderer in Mediaportal this could be a great solution for handling your music via an mobile remote.
    I know that MP II wil support this but is there any plugin available for MP I?

Thanks a lot

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have finally gotten to the point where I can use this plug-in to stream music to a uPnP client (DNT IP-dio).
    I have a lot of m4a files, which play fine in MP, but don't show up on the client. Is this a limitation of the client, of MPtino, or of uPnP streaming in general? Will I have to convert all of these to MP3? If so, what is the best method or tool for doing this?

gumiao1129

July 8, 2010
    Hello bionicdonkey,

Are the links of the plugin and of openlounge available? It looks that the original website of openlounge is no more available. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom