OpenLounge uPnP MediaServer (3 Viewers)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sounds like you did good at installing.
So no folders needed to be created, only the process dll in the process plugin folder and the others in the mediaportal root.
Make sure you have the mediaportal.exe in your firewall as allowed to listen.

Using the AV Media Controller.exe from the intel tools you should be able to see it as medai directory.

And like piranha said, make sure you enable it anc configure it in the media portal configurator.

stuart68

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Kaoh,

I have the media server up and running now, I think it was all to do with the UPnP services that I had not enabled on my PC.

Now, I can see the server for another PC on my network using the Intel tool and it all appears to be good. Unfortunatley, my control point cannot see the server, it does see the WMC server running on the same PC which has MP installed. I will get back to you next week to let you know why our control point does not work with the server.

Our control point does work with AV 1.0 devices.

We will open source our control point when we have all the documentation in place, woudl you be interested in seeing this?

If you give me your email address we can talk offline.

All the best

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, sure I am alawyas interested in seeing stuff like that, specially when it is not working with my server.
PM me with the request for my mail and then ill send it.

stuart68

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Scotland
Home Country
Hi Kaoh,

I have moved the control point onto the PC that MP is running on and now I can see the MediaServer and browse through all of the music albums and artist, but I do not see the FLAC audio files. Is there some kind of configration that I need to do to enable this?

Also, will the server not work through a switch? I am on the same subnet. Do you think it has something to do with my security settings? I use Zonealarm and when testing I had this disabled. I do not use the Windows Firewall. Any help you could provide would be excellent.

I will PM you later. I hope this discussion may be of help to others.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think the reason why it doesnt work through a swicth is in the switch, many switches block communication protocols like UPnP. But you will have to check your switch to see how to enable that.

I do not have FLAC support at this moment, Ill give a look into that soon, got any tip on how to convert my MP3 to FLAC?

stuart68

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Scotland
Home Country
I mean "album art" (cover art) embedding the image (or a reference to the image) of the front cover of the CD (album) into the metadata.

The link below has references to this.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t50697.html

Also, on the point of not seeing the media server across my network, I can see two other servers that are installed on one of my PC's. Can you tell me what the time to live of the discovery packets is.

Thanks.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MP3 and stuff doesnt really support Ablum art I believe, sure I would be able to embed th property with a link to a folder.jpg if present in the folder. Thats how MP works I believe.

And nope I have no idea what the TTL on the packages are, I only enhanced the features of he plugin after some others build the base. Maybe BionicDonkey knows. MPTino I have not heard of in some time now, the one that did the first revival of this version, and then I took over to finalize it. So make sure you try the MPTino version from the download page. But the basic tech is all standard Intell framework.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP3 and stuff doesnt really support Ablum art I believe, sure I would be able to embed th property with a link to a folder.jpg if present in the folder. Thats how MP works I believe.

And nope I have no idea what the TTL on the packages are, I only enhanced the features of he plugin after some others build the base. Maybe BionicDonkey knows. MPTino I have not heard of in some time now, the one that did the first revival of this version, and then I took over to finalize it. So make sure you try the MPTino version from the download page. But the basic tech is all standard Intell framework.

this is incorrect.

with ID tags 2.0 the is the ability to insert a small jpg inside the mp3 as meta data. itunes for instance uses this to access album art

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom