Origen AE s16 opinions? (1 Viewer)

semichco

Portal Member
July 23, 2007
Home Country
Just thought id post the response from Origen.

The VF210 module is already fitted in the chassis and uses IR Trans software to interface with Media Center giving playback information and picking up remote control signals from both the rc197 remote and mce keyboard. Should you require a microsoft receiver specific feature (such as ir blasting) the optional IR221 module can be added

I guessed this would be the case but this is confirmation.

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
So this is kind of confusing then - the remote that is shipped is an MCE remote - but it uses IRTrans to talk to the system?

I thought IR trans and MCE remotes were completely seperate?

semichco

Portal Member
July 23, 2007
Home Country
IRtrans i guess is pre configured for the remote that comes with the case. I think the VFD\IR is soley used by Origen. So im guessing if it uses IRtrans it is in effect a learning receiver so you could use any remote with it so long as IRtrans knows what to do with the signal.

Rickler

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Nice looking all aluminum case. Better then the Silverstones that only use aluminum on the front bezel then cheapo steel for the rest.

Twixies

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I had been looking for this case here in denmark, and can't buy it anywhere. Both mm-vision and zitech computer don't have the case... I also have mailed to a Origenae Technology

Answer from them:........

This message is to notify you that your ticket has been updated.

Ticket ID: 2692-1929110937

Last Post:
----------------------------------
Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you very much for your interest.

Please contact our distributor in Sweden www.pcb.se You can purchase our prdocuts from them directly. Our general lead time is 4 weeks for your information.

This is not that too long comparing lead time of LCD Panel is 8-10 weeks.

If you have any qeusiton, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Sales Dept.
Origenae Technology Co., Ltd.
tel: +82 (0) 31 938 8051
fax: + 82 (0) 31 938 8073
#209 Baeksan B/D,763-2 Hengsin-dong, Dukyang Gu Goyang City, Gyounggi Do, 412-220, Korea

PCB wont sell to enduser, and can't delivere

Where have you been able to buy?

Twixies

So - S16T:

Comes with IR221 Philips receiver -> as description says - ONLY supported by VISTA with no drivers needed! - no XP!
The RC197 is really nice - on Vista ;)
I was not able to get it work on XP.

also be careful with the harddisk mounting. with 3 mounted harddisk the case aks as sound box :(
a little workaround with rubber helped :)

Nevertheless the case is awesome - look and feel great.

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
I have ended up buying this case.

VFD/Irtrans works brilliantly - I just installed the irtrans sw, set it to irtrans in mediaportal and it works 100% out of the box.

IRtrans can learn anything... so yeah you could use it with any other remote.

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
I got it from here:
http://www.bettercomputers.com.au/origenae-s16v-home-theatre-pc-case-black-p-777.html

They have a discount for direct deposit too. Hefty price, but nice nice case.

I am having trouble getting the feature to work where you can shut it down/turn it on (from completely off) with the remote. The case comes with a special Y shaped power connecter that also connects to the IRtrans to support this. I followed origenae's support page instructions, but it's not working.

I am going to try some stuff tonight (mapping a different button to the command, new firmware, checking the connections are all plugged in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom