[solved] Origen/Phillips (RC197) remote (1 Viewer)

JMB

Portal Member
May 19, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I need some help

I have opgraded from an old 1.0.3 version (I think it was) on XP to an 1.14.0 version on Win7 and now my remote dosen't Work proberly.

I use IR trans and have checked that IR trans recieve all the button clik correct. I also checked the mapping in MP and it seems ok too.

The only buttons that have an effect in MP are the arrows, the ok and the number buttons

I have attached a logfile

JMB

Portal Member
May 19, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have now done some testing and got even more confused.

I have IR trsns software installed, and as said it recive the remote commands ok. Then I tried change the mappings of the buttons that worked in MP to see what happend. And nothing changed at all. Only the same buttons with the same actions as before worked. Then I tried to delete all the mappings of these working buttons, but again nothing changed.

Then I tried to uncheck "use IT trans reciver" in MP config again with the same result. Then I unchecked every thing in remotes and input - again with the same result.

It seens that my remote and/or IR trans and MP does'n interact properly

Can anyone help!

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    i have the same receiver and remote. So i might be able to shed some light ;).
    Firstly, some of the buttons (numbers, ok, arrows and so on) get interpretaded by windows itself and then are simulated as keyboard presses. So if you press ok, then mp actually sees that the enter key on your keyboard was used. Thats wh those buttons work without problem. Its a bit confusing, because if you want to change their mappings, ou actually have to change the keyboard bindings and not the remote key bindings.
    Depending IR trans however, i cant really help you there. I am not using any 3rd party software. Just have the receiver drivers installed (which are included in windows) and then enabled the mce remote in mp config. So if you dont need ir trans for any other specific case, i would suggest not using it in the first place. Sadly cant help you if you do need ir trans =(.

JMB

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I thing I need IR trans. I have an Origen S16T htpc case and the reciver in that came with the IRtrans software.

What I dont understand is that it worked nicely in my old MP version with XP installed. And as I can see the IT trans seem to get the right commands from my remote.

And I will be sorry if I have to buy a new external reciver instead of the internal I have now toget it to work again.

What version of MP do you use? As I understand the use MCE remote function are not in MP from version 1.13. Maybe I should try to downgrade to a old 1.12 MP to see if it changes anything

JMB

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi again

Since nobody from the MP team came with any help, I now down graded to MP 1.12.0 and suprice! Now my remote works perfectly as it did before upgrading.
    Dont know if it is the MCE handler that is the problem because I only use IR trans in MP 1.12.0 but there is something changed from verson 12 to 13 and 14

I thing it is strange that the MP team will not regonice that there is a problem with their new HID handler. I will never be abel to upgrade as long as this problem not is solved

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thing it is strange that the MP team will not regonice that there is a problem with their new HID handler.
    I'm sure there are many problems with it considering the wide range of hardware that it is supporting, we are working with our community to get them fixed.
    However I'm not sure how your problem relates to the HID handler since it seems your are using the IR Trans handler.

First we need to understand what's your hardware.
    Is this your Origen AE S16T case?
    Is this your IR module?

Which remote handlers did you enable in 1.12 to get it working? Was it just IR trans?
    It looks like we may have a regression that's breaking the IR Trans handler in 1.13 then.

@Developers @Testers Is anyone using the IR Trans handler? Has anyone tested it in 1.14?

@Lightning303 it looks like @JMB has a similar remote to yours but the receiver is different.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is anyone using the IR Trans handler?
    What is this IR Trans handler that you're referring to?
    (Links would be helpful for those of us who have absolutely no idea what JMB is talking about.)

...and @JMB
    Why do you need it?
    (What is it useful for?)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is this IR Trans handler that you're referring to?
    (Links would be helpful for those of us who have absolutely no idea what JMB is talking about.)

upload_2016-5-9_8-30-22.png

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have the IRTRans inb my OriginAE case.
    The above was developed by me.

I am using 1.12 on it and it works ok. need to give the upgrade a try and see, if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom