[solved] Origen/Phillips (RC197) remote (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have just installed the 1.15 Pre-Release and it works perfect with my IRTrans.
    Nothing has changed in that part of MP since years.

You just wrote above:

The only buttons that have an effect in MP are the arrows, the ok and the number buttons

I am using it with a mediacenter remote and everything works ok, including e.g. the EPG button, Live TV and also the colored button, e.g. Red switching to Music Playing now, while playing music.

JMB

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Stéphane Lenclud
    First we need to understand what's your hardware.
    Is this your Origen AE S16T case?
    Is this your IR module?

Which remote handlers did you enable in 1.12 to get it working? Was it just IR trans?
    It looks like we may have a regression that's breaking the IR Trans handler in 1.13 then.

My casa is AE S16T but my IR module is the IR210 (an older model than the IR310)

In 1.12 I just use the IR Trans - exactly the same as I did in 1.13 and 1.14

JMB

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I use the standard Mediecenter rem and the standard mapping

I have only changed one thing. In the rem file I deleded the section for "duble click" and deleded the "ehome" line because it seems that windows7 have 1. prioity of this button

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i will check, when at home.
    i am travelling the weekend, so will not have the chance to check before Tuesday

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @JMB
    The log files that you attached to the first post say:
    [2016-04-24 21:08:56,656] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - IRTrans: Could not connect to server - server not started?

I suspect the arrow, OK and number buttons only work because they directly generate keyboard key-presses.

Are you sure that your connection parameters are correct?
    I note that your IRTrans server port setting is set to 2100, but the default is 21000.

Are you sure that any security software enables MP to connect to the IRTrans server port?

Can you provide new log files with the "extended logging" option enabled?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/17_IRTrans

JMB

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm almost certain that i haven't changed the server portsetting. But to be sure I will upgrade to 1.14 here in the upomming weekend to check if that is the problem. Then I will give some feedback

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. Note that the port setting is only one suggestion. The fundamental problem seems to be either (a) that IrTrans server is not running, or (b) that MP can't connect to it. There are many more possible explanations for either of these things. It should be easy to verify whether IrTrans server is running. If it's not, you'd obviously have to investigate why. If it is [running], that's the point I would start looking at connection settings, security software configuration etc.

Looking forward to your feedback... :)

JMB

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry for the late feedback. I have now upgraded to version 1.14 and now it works just fine.
    The port setting is 21000.

I'm quite sure that I did not change this setting the first time I installed 1.13. And I did not change this setting when I downgraded to 1.12 and got my remote to work again.
    And that I know for sure, because I did not know that it hat to be 21000 :)

Could it be that the first time I did the 1.13 installation it was on a clean PC and that MP has the wrong port setting for IR Trans in 1.13 and when upgrading to 1.14 it of course kept the wrong setting.
    When I downgraded to 1.12 I got the right setting again and today I upgraded to 1.14 and then kept the right port setting?

If you se what I mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom