(Original Post) *Picture Update 11-06-2012* : 'EVE' | Page 24

Discussion in 'MediaPortal iViewer' started by joostzilla, November 17, 2011.

1. Iceman89610

Iceman89610 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Eve looks great in that mockup, I'd be happy to use it as it stood if it looked like that :D

Last edited: October 14, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mediacowboy

mediacowboy Portal Pro

Support Technician
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I just started following this today and it look's awesome. I do not own an iPad of any kind. If iViewer is an expense that is a issue, I believe anyone that is wanting this would be willing to pay for the app or make donations. One question I have since the iPad mini was released this week is will this app be supported on it as well.

4. johanj
    • Premium Supporter

johanj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 1
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    We have only designed the graphics for the iPad, i.e. 1024x768. The retina display is supported for the latest iPad in the sense that all images that are retrieved from MPExtended are displayed in retina resolution. We have not (yet) additional retina graphics for all panels/buttons but it will probably come further on.

iViewer support also the other apple i models (android also in beta testing), but we do right now not plan to include support for them.

Edit. The new iPad mini seems to have the same resolution as the iPad, 1024x768. So I assume that this also will be supported without us need to make any changes at all.

Last edited: October 27, 2012
  5. sukceso

sukceso Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Woudn't it be a good opportunity to launch a beta (or alpha or preview) next week together with the availability of the new iPad Mini :)

6. MrCrabs

MrCrabs Portal Pro

Ingenieur Maschinenbau / mechanical engineer
    Ratings:
    +129 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Is anyone really going to buy an iPad mini? I can't imagine why someone whould buy it...

Anyway, I think the 17th of november would be a good date to get EVE released in a first version, since this threat will be one year old then. But please release something soon!

7. Schicksal

Schicksal Portal Pro

graphic
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    i don't know why somebody buy a mini.
    for mobile there is an iPhone and at home the iPad is perfect. So why there is a third size of Phone/Tablet?

8. johanj
    • Premium Supporter

johanj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 1
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, it's done when it's done. And a separate Eve app will not be released on 17th of November. It's simply not possible. I have mentioned this before, we develop for the Command Fusions app iViewer, one need a license of this to run Eve at this point. It can never turn into a separate app before a stable version for iViewer exist.

Command Fusion has expressed that they are willing to bundle Eve and iViewer and put it on the app store. We have not yet discussed with Command Fusion how that is supposed to happen, I see no point of doing this before we have something solid and functional that they can evaluate. We are however closing in on something that a person at Command Fusion can start to test.

We are three persons in the team. Patrick unfortunately have had very limited time for Eve the last 6 months and decided a while ago to take a break from the project. I and Joost still work on the project and have spent quite a lot of time on it the last couple of months. You can feel assured that we spent all available time that we have on Eve.

About the iPad mini. That will probably just sell in a couple of million copies...

Some news about the current status of the project will hopefully come before the end of this month:whistle:

Last edited: October 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  9. johanj
    • Premium Supporter

johanj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 1
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
  10. Maxxpowa

Maxxpowa Portal Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Actually, in the automation and control markets the iPad mini is expected to be a game changer. For control systems, a lot of people consider the iPad to be too big, and the iPhone/iPod too small. There are a lot of people in the industry very excited about the iPad mini...... its a shame they wont make any margin off it though.

• Like Like x 3
  11. fiasco

fiasco Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I too am a Command Fusion interface developer. For those questioning the capabilities of the CF iViewer platform, rest assured that it is 100% capable of doing what the eve team has suggested. Be patient as hundreds of hours have probably been invested already.

As for the iPad mini and similarly sized tablets, they are the ideal size. iPods are fine for a direct control remote but too small for metadata. iPads are great for metadata but too large for simple direct control.

• Like Like x 3

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!