(Original Post) Preview : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are there any News here? Or is the project dead? The First post is from 2012 and we all wait for a First Release!

If you look back just a few pages, it's clearly explained why the project is taking time to finish.
    Emph

hardylane

Portal Member
    March 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    So how's the two-year, four-month project that first tempted people with Photoshop mockups coming on then?

"Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially cancelled"

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    So how's the two-year, four-month project that first tempted people with Photoshop mockups coming on then?

"Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially cancelled"
    Wow, this post will hugely increase the motivation of the involved devs...

hardylane

Portal Member
    March 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I don't know why anyone would announce a project 3 years + before a release or even a test version.

Whether or not this ever appears or not isn't really the issue... neither is the "motivation".

I absolutely have the right to criticise this project, without being insulted, or entering into a flame war, or having my messages deleted.

It was announced back in 2011 under false pretences, IMHO; everything about the initial article giving the impression that this was a work-in-progress... when it was simply a load of pretty Photoshop mockups which, inevitably, excited the userbase about a wonderful imminent application. (The original 2011 posting has been edited, removing those initial mockups, and rewording to clearly state they ARE mockups... something the original post did not do.)

There is an element of leading people on here which feels wrong... 19 pages here and 27 on the original thread of excited prospective consumers asking when it's available, and saying how wonderful it all is. Even the Oct 2012 YouTube preview has been taken down.

I'm aware that something which is done in someone's spare time is, of course, theirs to manage and theirs to move forward... but had this been me, given the delays, personal time issues and, as has been said, ill-health... I would put the project on hold (at least to the general public), work on the application when I can (if it is still being worked on), and remove the air of anticipation which continues to be stoked up to this day.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I absolutely have the right to criticise this project, without being insulted, or entering into a flame war, or having my messages deleted.
    I agree with The_Stig. You absolutely have the freedom to express your opinion (as long as you stay within the forum T&Cs)... however I hope you realise how counter-productive your posts have been. I would encourage you to seriously consider what you're hoping to achieve with your posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom