(original thread)Extension installer - new way to install extensions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
Hi all.
I just did some brief test with the Installer: Could it be that the "Uninstall" function does not work right now? I get an "invalid package!" error. I use the SVN 15338.

Was, an bug now it is fixed

THDBASED:

The skins package it is a extension too and should work with update (a problem with skins it is the size and this take a lot of bandwith ). Integrating mp or configuration will be after mp stable release

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
That is way the update function should only download the updated files. So the skin authors update the files they changed to work with last release and then when a user clicks an "update skin" button it should check the server (SVN?) to see which files have changed to the ones you already have and then download them and replace them with the existing ones...

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
This installer is package based, this mean when updating don't check every files in package only the package version. Installer (and the online support specially ) was created for final user how want a stable extension(skin, plugin etc.) not a test release. For testing and developing was made the SVN. This is my opinion, may i am wrong.

Anyway i try to implement some support for update package, who contain only the changed files from a version to other.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey dukus

i want to release my FritzBox CallMonitor in XMP file format.

But i have an issue with the Thumbs config:
    My plugin take the caller images out of the Thumbs\YAC folder.
    I provide a thumb for new callers and one for unknown callers with my plugin. So i should be able to set my own path. Maybe you can change the combo box like you have it in skin properties.

Another suggestion: What's when i move the project file and the content to another location, is project still working then? I did not test this yet, just an idea when i saw the absolute paths. relative paths could solve it, if it is a prob. I also could upload my project file to the plugins svn. ;)

regards
    chefkoch

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    made an MPI for the Dutch TV channel logo's

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    hi dukus,

Just tested :
    - launch MPInstaler.exe (the one wich is on the SVN)
    - Click on Control panel

I have this :

Seems it miss MozBar.
    Is it only on my system (something missing) or ... ?

Regards.

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    For me working correctly..., maybe it is something local (or for me, or for you :) )

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for your answer. ;)
    I believe I understand what was the problem.
    On PCs without MP installed (only SVNs and shortcuts for launching configuration and mp.exe from xbmc/bin/release), I have this problem.
    On HTPC, where MP is installed, I can access to Control panel without problem. :)

Regards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom