(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

Is it possible using this plugin to get the MCE remotes 'TV' button to get the HTPC to issue some IR code through the MCE IR 'blaster'?

I have a TV that needs one code to turn on, then a wait of 20secs, then one code to change to external inputs, and one more to change to the HDMI input(where my HTPC is). I would like this to be send from the MCE IR blaster when i press the TV button on the remote. Could this be achieved using this plugin?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it possible using this plugin to get the MCE remotes 'TV' button to get the HTPC to issue some IR code through the MCE IR 'blaster'?

Good question, the answer: Absolutely Yes! This is one of the main reasons I wrote the plugin.

What you want to do is teach the plugin the TV Power and Source Select buttons, then make a Macro like this:

Blast: IR\TV Power
    Pause: 20000
    Blast: IR\Source Select

Go to "Map MCE Buttons" and set your "Power TV" button to blast that macro.

Easy.

If you have updated to 0.2.1.0 then wait a day or so and I'll have a new version that works with 0.2.1.0

Cheers,

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Great! Sounds like your plugin is just the thing for me.

I havent updated to 0.2.1.0 yet, but i will do so very shortly, so ill wait for your update.

Btw, i have earlier given my MCE remote+reciever to my parents(for their HTPC) and im going to buy a new one, are there any issues with the replacement driver and the version of the remote?

I notice that there are 3 different product numbers used:
    A9O-00001
    A9O-00014
    A9O-00019

The A90-00014 being slightly cheaper. I wouldnt want to buy the wrong one ;)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As far as I know there are no issues with different models, the only thing you want to do is try to get the Australian/European model that has the extra Teletext buttons. You never know when a few extra buttons will come in handy.

I should have a release that supports 0.2.1.0 very soon. There are a few compilation issues I've gotten around now, so it should be today or tomorrow. I want to make sure I don't break anything along the way, so I'm being very careful and taking my time. SVN releases are one thing, but a lot of people are waiting on this 0.2.1.0 version, and I don't want to dissappoint.

I'm sure you understand.

Cheers,

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Mmmmmhhh, this plugin get's mee thinking again about changing my tv provider again. I did a trial with DVB-C but the quality was crap and it was unreliable. I couldn't get the my blaster plugin to work. Maybe I could get a trial period for dvb-t see how that works and then use your plug in to change channels.

WouterW

Portal Member
    October 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I get the following error when trying to access the configuration of the plugin:

Method not found: System.String
    MediaPortal.Util.Config.GetFile(Dir, System.String)

I tried using it with MP 0.2.1.0 and MediaPortal-svn--10-22-2006--09-52-Rev11244
    I installed .NET 2.0 and 1.1

I'm trying to find a way to control MP with my remote control.
    I have a self built IR receiver that works with girder.
    Will this plugin be of any help... and if so.. how do I get it to work?

Thank you

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I get the following error when trying to access the configuration of the plugin:

Method not found: System.String
    MediaPortal.Util.Config.GetFile(Dir, System.String)

I tried using it with MP 0.2.1.0 and MediaPortal-svn--10-22-2006--09-52-Rev11244
    I installed .NET 2.0 and 1.1

I'm trying to find a way to control MP with my remote control.
    I have a self built IR receiver that works with girder.
    Will this plugin be of any help... and if so.. how do I get it to work?

Thank you

I have not released an 0.2.1.0 compatible version of the plugin yet, it should be posted some time tonight (within 8 hours or so). The error you are seeing is because there is a significant difference between the SVN and 0.2.1.0. I've made the appropriate changes and will upload the plugin again when I've tested it properly.

This plugin is for MCE receivers, so you need something else.

Actually, that's the beauty of "Message Mode". As long as HIP or Girder knows what you've got the plugin doesn't care. I've included a configuration file for HIP, but it should be simple for someone with Girder knowledge to make it work for Girder.

Refer to the plugin documentation and look at "Message Mode", it will let you use ANYTHING as an input source so long as Girder or HIP can post messages to the plugin to tell it what to do with that input. This is a slighty more advanced feature, not for the faint hearted, but it's flexibility is enormous. It's like a universal input handler ... sort of :)

Anyway, a new version of the plugin to go with 0.2.1.0 will be out soon.

Cheers,

FLY

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2006
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Aaron,

I was wondering that can we add support for second MCE ir receiver/transmitter so that some one can control more than two devices thru the MCE remote.

For example right now I have settop box, Audio/vedio receiver and Cable box. I can control Cable box and audio/video receiver fine but for tv I have to use tv remote which is not always handy. If this is possible we can have a macro that can power on tv,power on audio/video receiver.

just a thought if it is possible at all and if time permits.

thx
    fly

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was wondering that can we add support for second MCE ir receiver/transmitter so that some one can control more than two devices thru the MCE remote.

It would probably work without any changes. It would just treat both transceivers the same. You wouldn't be able to choose Transceiver 2, Port 1 or that sort of thing. But that shouldn't matter really.

I've got two MCE remote receivers here, so I'll see what I can do. It might need a change to the driver, I'll see what I can do.

I'll get back to you soon.

Cheers,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom