(original thread) MP-TVSeries (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re azu vs utorrent.

This might be overkill but what if the the TV Series devs built a common interface rather than code for a specific torrent client. eg:

(TVSeries Torrent options)>(interface DLL)>Torrent Client

So while initial development might contain an "Interface DLL" for azu it could be swapped out for a differnt one. The interface dll would just be simple code that would talk to the specific torrent client.

Or am I just getting carried away!! ;-)

BTW I would be happy to go to azu if it brought these proposed torrent features. RAM is cheap, right? also I think azu is open source and utorrent is not. correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm right then this should be a big selling point.

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
pretty simple question, i think. I am using the latest stable release with the .9 release of this plugin. When I replaced the skin file from the plugin .zip I cannot see any series with the BlueTwo skin. any ideas?

Maybe try and download the latest version 9 from sourceforge?

I know I'm being a pest, but, would someone please help me out here? I just want to know if the delete command in the pop up menu is working for anyone. I'm using the latest stable versions with Blue 2 wide and if I select to delete an episode it does nothing. Thanks for your help, work and patience.
:D

Delete works fine for me. Both in MP GUI as well as in the TVSeries plugin configuration screen.

skinnedpuppy

January 15, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Quick question,

When I've been adding shows via the popup and it comes to a show it doesn't regognise and therfore gives the choice of either never pop up again or pop up every time media portal starts, I've been selecting never popup again.

However now I've beenupdating shows at http://tvdb.zsori.com/ and want the plugin to check that folder again. Is there a file somewhere i can delete to force to check all my content again? or some other way to do it? Because I can't get it to acknowledge the all the newly updated shows.

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
Quick question,

When I've been adding shows via the popup and it comes to a show it doesn't regognise and therfore gives the choice of either never pop up again or pop up every time media portal starts, I've been selecting never popup again.

However now I've beenupdating shows at http://tvdb.zsori.com/ and want the plugin to check that folder again. Is there a file somewhere i can delete to force to check all my content again? or some other way to do it? Because I can't get it to acknowledge the all the newly updated shows.

there are two ways to go about it.
1) just delete the TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 file located on C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database. But by doing this all the plugin seetings will be deleted so you will need to go into the plugin configuration window and configure it again.

2) Just delete the shows from the plugin configuration one by one and then re do a full import.

Also if you are adding new shows on the tvdb.zsori database make sure to include category.

tompalomp

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Azureus does use more RAM indeed, but on the other side, the RSS feed scanner works much, much better (it actually looks for the torrent file in the RSS linked URL, as opposed to uTorrent who's lost if the RSS doesn't directly point to a .torrent file), as said before it doesn't bring down my router while keeping the same download speeds, and it implements an auto-speed based on ping feature that will never be found in uTorrent (and believe me, I and other users tried to no avail in the forums - yet some hardcore power users kept telling us the idea was stupid and wouldn't help the community ... sigh)
You're AFAIK responsible for the torrent-part of this plugin, so i wont try to argue nor convince you. All i'm saying is that you're gonna end up with a lot of users which will have performance-issues with Azureus.

Maybe consider another alternative? Azu seems to be a bit of an overkill for this purpose.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_software

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Azureus does use more RAM indeed, but on the other side, the RSS feed scanner works much, much better (it actually looks for the torrent file in the RSS linked URL, as opposed to uTorrent who's lost if the RSS doesn't directly point to a .torrent file), as said before it doesn't bring down my router while keeping the same download speeds, and it implements an auto-speed based on ping feature that will never be found in uTorrent (and believe me, I and other users tried to no avail in the forums - yet some hardcore power users kept telling us the idea was stupid and wouldn't help the community ... sigh)
You're AFAIK responsible for the torrent-part of this plugin, so i wont try to argue nor convince you. All i'm saying is that you're gonna end up with a lot of users which will have performance-issues with Azureus.

Maybe consider another alternative? Azu seems to be a bit of an overkill for this purpose.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_software

Personally, i have found that azureus has improved over the last few versions in terms of its memory usage. It was incredibly heavy initially, but then the features justified it in my opinion as it had a whole host of things that other front ends could not offer me. I reckon if the required feature is not available in a "lighter" front end such as uTorrent, then the guys will have to use azureus if they want to access that portion of the application.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Happy New year everyone.
Quick and simple question.
Can anyone tell me the secret for getting the Mp to load the TV-series data fast.
Today when I run Mp and enter the My TV Series function within MP. It takes about 2 minutes before its finished doing what ever task it needs to do. I suspect its doing some form of validation of the data, Perhaps checking the internet site for updates on the shows loaded. Not sure. But it seems to take a while.
Once the spinning wheel stops all the data is there and it works fine. Its just the wife doesn't like the delay. She wants to watch her programs right away.

Anyway, if anyone knows please let me know.

Cheers

Cinetix

Portal Member
May 8, 2006
Happy New year everyone.
Quick and simple question.
Can anyone tell me the secret for getting the Mp to load the TV-series data fast.
Today when I run Mp and enter the My TV Series function within MP. It takes about 2 minutes before its finished doing what ever task it needs to do. I suspect its doing some form of validation of the data, Perhaps checking the internet site for updates on the shows loaded. Not sure. But it seems to take a while.
Once the spinning wheel stops all the data is there and it works fine. Its just the wife doesn't like the delay. She wants to watch her programs right away.

Anyway, if anyone knows please let me know.

Cheers

Does it happen every time you open the plug-in?
Perhaps it has something to do with the new feature that checks all files for HD-resolution. If that's the case it should only happen when you open a season the first time.

Or: Try to uncheck the automatic searches for new files and updated info.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Monrning.
It happens each time I open the plugin within MP.
The spinner starts up and runs for about 2 minutes.
Then all os good and it works like a charm.
With the exception of a few tweaks I think the XML file needs.
Other then that it's fine.
I am running an asus p4 with 1 gig of ram, so its not a slow pc.
In fact I run the application on a p3 and the same thing occurs.

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
Monrning.
It happens each time I open the plugin within MP.
The spinner starts up and runs for about 2 minutes.
Then all os good and it works like a charm.
With the exception of a few tweaks I think the XML file needs.
Other then that it's fine.
I am running an asus p4 with 1 gig of ram, so its not a slow pc.
In fact I run the application on a p3 and the same thing occurs.

very strange this is the first time i see something like this.

I even run all my shows from a network server and i havent seen such a problem since the early beta versions released of this plugin.

I have delays when using the HD Feature implemented in version 9 but that only happens when i open a season directory not when i load the plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom