(original thread) MP-TVSeries (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Monrning.
    It happens each time I open the plugin within MP.
    The spinner starts up and runs for about 2 minutes.
    Then all os good and it works like a charm.
    With the exception of a few tweaks I think the XML file needs.
    Other then that it's fine.
    I am running an asus p4 with 1 gig of ram, so its not a slow pc.
    In fact I run the application on a p3 and the same thing occurs.

Is this unticked?

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Happy New year everyone.
    Quick and simple question.
    Can anyone tell me the secret for getting the Mp to load the TV-series data fast.
    Today when I run Mp and enter the My TV Series function within MP. It takes about 2 minutes before its finished doing what ever task it needs to do. I suspect its doing some form of validation of the data, Perhaps checking the internet site for updates on the shows loaded. Not sure. But it seems to take a while.
    Once the spinning wheel stops all the data is there and it works fine. Its just the wife doesn't like the delay. She wants to watch her programs right away.

Anyway, if anyone knows please let me know.

Cheers
    Actually, I've got something similar using 0.9. I didn't experience this prior to this version. What happens is when I enter the plugin, it sometimes doesn't show all shows. Sometimes I can see all of them, sometimes I can see three, sometimes I can see one. I can see no logic in why it's different almost each time. I don't think I've ever waited for two minutes to see if the rest show up, I just right click and select "Force local scan" and I can see all of them.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    About the loading up issue, it can happen if someone has a lot of tvshows on disk.

I use the system file notifications to find out about deleted / added files (no more parses every x minutes needed), but that only works if MP (and MPTVSeries) is running.
    Therefore, when MP starts, I always run a local scan to find out if some items were deleted when MP wasn't running.

Now the thing is, it should not prevent you from doing anything in MP - the scan occurs in the background. I'll have to check if I didn't mess up something on the DB. That is, when I find some time... sorry guys, I have 0 free time these days :(

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada
    Thanks everyone.I do have the automatic updates turned on.
    It seems to take 2 minutes each time I go into the plugin.
    I do have fairly large collection.
    THe spinner goes and I can't do anything but exit the plugin.
    Once done. All is good and I am a happy boy.
    Its version 9 as well.
    I have noticed the graphics go missing from time to time.
    My other machine that is network attached to the file system is the one that has that problem.
    but both have the time delay.

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If only my problems were as serious as others.:) Maybe I don't understand how the delete works. I did a complete reinstall of everything. The only thing on the computer is XP and MP. I installed 0.2.2.0 and .09. Still can't delete any episodes. Is the delete function supposed to actually delete the file from the HD? These are avi files renamed with the TV Renamer plugin. I'm about to give up and just delete things manually.:( Any help is really appreciated.

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    If only my problems were as serious as others.:) Maybe I don't understand how the delete works. I did a complete reinstall of everything. The only thing on the computer is XP and MP. I installed 0.2.2.0 and .09. Still can't delete any episodes. Is the delete function supposed to actually delete the file from the HD? These are avi files renamed with the TV Renamer plugin. I'm about to give up and just delete things manually.:( Any help is really appreciated.

if i am not mistaken the delete function is only supposed to delete the TVSeries Database Records and not the actuall video file. That you have to do on your own. Which in my opinion is better.

tompalomp

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Suggestion; make a technical topic and a support-topic for this plugin. The continuous support-requests kinda destroy the flow of the technical discussion :)

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

if i am not mistaken the delete function is only supposed to delete the TVSeries Database Records and not the actuall video file. That you have to do on your own. Which in my opinion is better.

Thanks, I can stop pulling my hair out (what little is left) and move on to something else.:D

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus

Thanks, I can stop pulling my hair out (what little is left) and move on to something else.:D

lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom