(original thread) MP-TVSeries (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    wow, thanks for a super plug in.. Will come handy!

Just one thing, have a little problem with starting the avi-files. It takes about 5 seconds before i get the picture. I hear the sound, but no picture.
    When i start the normally way (via my movies) it starts perfect.

Its the same with mine, but its still great! Can't imagine trying to catalog my tv-series via My Videos!

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    New release with mainly bugfixes and some new stuff Inker threw in:

- added try/catch around the banner loading in the configuration window to prevent crashes when the file isn't found.
    - inker: fixed issue with playing files in locations without write acess
    - inker: Added option to display a random Banner
    - inker: added an option to test in a file is HD or not
    - Log added in forom subs retriever
    - the MP choose dialog now displays the item being matched instead of the (static) title. It helps :)

As usual, available in the download section once it will be approved, or directly from sourceforge.

Sorry it took so long, with the holidays and a new born daughter my schedule doesn't really allow me to spend more time on the plugin. But don't worry I'll try to keep on top of things even if no new features are getting done for a while.

Thanks man! We appreciate your hard work and dedication... i hope you got a chance to sit back and relax during the holidays even with the new born! :D

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    Anyway, on that watched flag issue, I have the same problem so I want to make it possible to do a toggle on a entire season or a series. I don't know if selecting multiple episodes is doable, I could also look into it.

And about the request of having the DB on a network share, I would indeed need that too but I have concerns about concurrent accesses on the DB file. I will also look into it (if I find some time)

maybe the multiple file selection will be easier done on the MP config and then flag them, instead inside MP.

About the concurrent db access hopefully some day it will be possible to use the MS SQL Express 2005 DB just like the TV Engine for TVSeries and Movie DBs. That will make it easier i think.

But still this plugin is the best thing that happened to MP imo and its quite obvious how many new users it has drawn to the MP community.

Zasurus

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Well I try my best not to break the DB on upgrades for that specific matter - I guess what I could do when an update is needed is to make a backup of the DB in case something goes wrong (I might be presumptuous to think that any update will go OK for everyone).

Anyway, on that watched flag issue, I have the same problem so I want to make it possible to do a toggle on a entire season or a series. I don't know if selecting multiple episodes is doable, I could also look into it.

This would work asuming you could update the db with every update but it is more likely that at some point you will change the db in a huge update (maybe to a new db version or something) that would make updateing it hard and you need to get everyone to start again. Currently this ison't really a problem APART from the fact that you lose your "Watched" flag as everyone said so maybe just backup each database before each update then have an option after you have created and updated a new db to get the watched flags out of the old db file and insert them into the new one. This is what I did by hand using "SQLite Database Browser.exe" in the Docs dir of MP when the database was damaged (will post a bug report about that in a sec! ;-)).

And about the request of having the DB on a network share, I would indeed need that too but I have concerns about concurrent accesses on the DB file. I will also look into it (if I find some time)

I second this request for a DB on a network share... I wouldn't use it yet but once I get a new PC this one is going to become another MP PC. :) SO I will back this request now! ;)

Thanks AGAIN! This plugin is ALL I use MP for! :D

Zas

kaisersose

Portal Member
    December 1, 2006
    sorry for being off topic, but does anyone know any websites that basically show a calendar with what tv shows are on each day. I remember there was such a site over a year ago but cant seem to find it. It would be cool if this plugin could tell you when the next NEW episode of a certain show is on ( handy for us europeans who cant record it live ;) ) . Or basically a pop-up menu saying - A new episode of family guy is on tonight or a new episode of family guy was on last night ( for us europeans). As anytime theres a break in tv shows that i like but am not a huge fan of, i never remember when its due back, and when i do finally cop on, im usually way too far behind to catch up.

garyday

Portal Member
    March 1, 2006
    Dubai
    Home Country
    One quick question regarding manually adding a file to the DB !

With the original MyTVSeries you could manually edit the DB (using the configuration tool) and double click on an episode and manually point to the file.

This doesn't seem to be the case with 0.8, is there a way (other than using the DB tool and doing it that way) to manually assign a file to an episode - I see episodes in the DB (via the configuration tool) but there is no episode attached to it and on some occasions (i.e specials) i'd like to double-click the filename and add it in manually!

Thanks

Gary

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
    November 11, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Until then, is it possible to just let the user choose the location of the db (ie by using the value in MediaportalDirs.xml)? This way, I can put it in my shared folder, then I'll just have to see to it that I don't use the two computers at the same time.

DKreeK

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I use for the first time the module with µtorrent and the forum subtitble. Forum Subtitle works very good but I have one problem, a request and a suggestion for the extension of µtorrent :

- My problem is : When I start the download of an ER episode (13x02), the file is stored in my season 10 directory and not the season 13 directory. I don't know why !!
    - All my episode are taged like this : <series name> - <saison>x<episode> - <title>. It's possible to rename automatically the file ?
    - When we launch download with µtorrent we have no information in MP of the progression. So we don't know when the download finish. It's possible to add this information in a future release of the plugin ?

Thank you for your excellent plugin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom