(original thread) MP-TVSeries (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acteo

Portal Pro
August 15, 2005
Echiré, France
Home Country
France France
Yeah, I know about that one; project mayhem doesn't have a title text control and I forgot to protect accesses to it. So it crashes.

2 options:
- you wait until I release the next version, with the fix (can't tell when really)
- you modify your PM3 skin to include a text control, basing yourself on the other skin files. It doesn't need to be visible (width = 0 & height = 0 will do fine)

your choice

Hello,
I have the same problem and i would like to make the modification. In which file do i have to do it ? I have an idea for the code but if you give it to me it would be easier !!!!
Thank you.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello,
    I have the same problem and i would like to make the modification. In which file do i have to do it ? I have an idea for the code but if you give it to me it would be easier !!!!
    Thank you.

Acteo, the code is located in every download of the plugin - so download the latest version of the plugin, and you're good to go.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    To people pointing me to uTorrent: yes, it's lighter, but they *refuse* to implement an autoupload rate based on a ping and that alone is something that prevents me from using it.
    My torrent app is running on the HTPC, and when I work (on another computer) and I need bandwitdh I'm not going to do things manually.

That's sad because I know for a fact uTorrent has the option to tell where a file should be downloaded. And I believe it's not possible in Azureus (I'm not talking about the default directory; I want to specify that this lost torrent needs to go in my lost folder, this 24 torrent needs to go in my 24 folder, etc).
    I guess I could ask for that option on some azureus forum. No time for now.

ORPhD

Portal Member
    March 8, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Excellent program, zeflash. Long story short, it has singlehandedly given me a reason to use MP again. It has also given me the motivation to rip all of my TV on DVD.

Anyway, I do have one question that has probably been asked before, but I can't find an applicable search query, and this thread is already quite long. After selecting a series and a season for playback, I seem to be locked on which episode I can watch. In other words, if I want to watch episode 5 of season 1, I would have to load 1-4 first, then after I'm done 5, I can only load 6...I couldn't load 5 again. Is there a way to disable this? I understand why the feature is there, but for my usage, it's unnecessary and frustrating.

Thanks for a great app.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    To people pointing me to uTorrent: yes, it's lighter, but they *refuse* to implement an autoupload rate based on a ping and that alone is something that prevents me from using it.
    My torrent app is running on the HTPC, and when I work (on another computer) and I need bandwitdh I'm not going to do things manually.

That's sad because I know for a fact uTorrent has the option to tell where a file should be downloaded. And I believe it's not possible in Azureus (I'm not talking about the default directory; I want to specify that this lost torrent needs to go in my lost folder, this 24 torrent needs to go in my 24 folder, etc).
    I guess I could ask for that option on some azureus forum. No time for now.

Yeah, Azureus has some amazing features/plugins

Acteo

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2005
    Echiré, France
    Home Country
    France France
    Acteo, the code is located in every download of the plugin - so download the latest version of the plugin, and you're good to go.
    I use 0.5c
    Sorry but you're wrong LordMessi : as said Zeflash, the code is not (yet) implemented for Project Mayhem III. (see previous post)
    Thanks for your help.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello,
    Thank you.

Add the following code to PM3 TVSeries.xml file and you are fine.

Code:
    <control>
    	<type>textboxscrollup</type>
    	<description>Title</description>
    	<id>40</id>
    	<posX>345</posX>
    	<posY>158</posY>
    	<width>320</width>
    	<textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>
    	<font>font16</font>
    </control>

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I used to use azureus, but i cant remember all the ins and outs, sorry. If you are using the windows version (like i was) i found a much better client to use is uTorrent. It uses way less memory and runs smoothly. Apparantly the linux Azureus is pretty good though. Give uTorrent a try if you want a stable, efficient little torrent app.

Of course this was before i found out about the wonder that is usenet :)

Ps. Let me know if my request earlier was detailed enough.

It seems like I am way off topic now but I am curious. You say usenet. Are you paying for a good usenet server or are you a lucky bastard with an ISP who is pulling the binaries groups?

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    zeflash,

Great Job!!

I do have a small problem though.
    I have two series that do not show any series or episode summaries in the MP GUI.
    The series banners and season art show fine and the series or episode
    summaries are in the configuration just not showing up in MP.

Both are in the TVDB:
    http://tvdb.zsori.com/?tab=series&id=79389
    http://tvdb.zsori.com/?tab=series&id=72589

I have this error in my mediaportal.log file many times but not sure if its related:
    Code:
    2006-11-29 18:32:41.391134 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: startIndex
       at System.String.IndexOf(Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.TVSeriesPlugin.CountCRLF(String sIn)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.TVSeriesPlugin.Series_OnItemSelected(GUIListItem item)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.TVSeriesPlugin.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    patrick

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    It seems like I am way off topic now but I am curious. You say usenet. Are you paying for a good usenet server or are you a lucky bastard with an ISP who is pulling the binaries groups?

I was a lucky bastard who was using an ISP news server that maxed out my line, until word got around and it got completely flooded :( now i use a newshosting.com unlimited account... damn cheap and 8 threads generally maxes out most connections. With the proliferation of NZBs, its easy as pie to get whatever you want!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom