(original thread) MP-TVSeries (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

switzch

Portal Member
April 22, 2006
toronto
Help with Parsing

I am trying to parse a nicely organized file structure with no luck. My setup is as follows:

import path:
\\Server\_tv_shows

parsing expression: (SIMPLE)
<>\<> - <>\<Series> - Season <Season Number> Episode <Episode Number>.<ext>

and my file structure is like this:

\\Server\_tv_shows\Arrested Development\Arrested Development - Season 1/Arrested Development - Season 1 Episode 01.avi

the parsing tester picks up the file name, but nothing esle. What am i doing wrong?

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
I am trying to parse a nicely organized file structure with no luck. My setup is as follows:

import path:
\\Server\_tv_shows

\\Server\_tv_shows\Arrested Development\Arrested Development - Season 1/Arrested Development - Season 1 Episode 01.avi

the parsing tester picks up the file name, but nothing esle. What am i doing wrong?
try
<series> - Season <season> Episode <episode>.<ext>

there are no constants "Series" (with upper S), "Season Number" or "Episode Number". Also if you don't need it to match anything in the path you don't need to specify it.

odin318

Portal Pro
April 21, 2006
ccMatrix, if you could, will you post your MediaRenamer tool? I think a lot of people would appreciate it. I am not going to post it unless you give me permission. cheers!

switzch

Portal Member
April 22, 2006
toronto

import path:
\\Server\_tv_shows

try
<series> - Season <season> Episode <episode>.<ext>

there are no constants "Series" (with upper S), "Season Number" or "Episode Number". Also if you don't need it to match anything in the path you don't need to specify it.

Thanks.. this does not seem to work either. Any idea's? I have the meedio version of this plugin working fine and i really want to see what media portal can do.

cheers.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Info not being displayed

So first I have to say this plugin rocks.
But I have a curious problem. I have a number of TV shows in the database and they all work well with the exception of Cadfael, yes Cadfael. I like it..what can I say.
Anyway..the verbiage that outlines what the show is about appears in the database. But not in MP. I am running the latest build of MP and of the TV Series plugin. Seems nothing I do makes it show. Any suggestions.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
But I have a curious problem. I have a number of TV shows in the database and they all work well with the exception of Cadfael, yes Cadfael. I like it..what can I say.
Anyway..the verbiage that outlines what the show is about appears in the database. But not in MP. I am running the latest build of MP and of the TV Series plugin. Seems nothing I do makes it show. Any suggestions.

Hey there. This seems to be a known bug. Hopefully it will be fixed on the next build.

If i wanted to put my backed up dvd's into the database without having to parse all of them, i suppose i could just make a tiny avi which brings up a clip that says "Please insert TV DVDX" and name it properly so the plugin sees it as an episode?

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Hi,

jimmyo suggested that putting in a valid genre may help fix it for you.

jimmyo said:
I had the same problem with some of my series.
The problem is that tvdb.zsori.com haven't scraped tv.com correctly for the Genre of the series.
And this plugin expects a value for the Genre, otherwise it doesn't show correctly.

To solve the problem with the series for everyone go to tvdb.zsori.com and enter the correct Genre from tv.com.
The other way is to enter the Genre in MP-TV Series under Details, "your show", Genre.

Hope this solves your problem

HTH,
patrick

Uries

Portal Member
June 27, 2006
CCmatrix,

Can't get your utility to work. I load a directory and push scan. All I get is "Heroes - 0x00 - Fallout.avi" Is there something I am missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom