[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: [plugin] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support

Looks like Netflix changed up some things. TV Series with multiple seasons now have a single entry. I freaked out for a second when I saw that half my list was gone. Still having trouble getting the new entries added correctly and currently have no way of selecting a particular episode without opening an episode and then using a mouse.
Edit: Seems to be ok for some show ie firefly and not others ie South park.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Looks like Netflix changed up some things. TV Series with multiple seasons now have a single entry. I freaked out for a second when I saw that half my list was gone. Still having trouble getting the new entries added correctly and currently have no way of selecting a particular episode without opening an episode and then using a mouse.
    Edit: Seems to be ok for some show ie firefly and not others ie South park.

Yea, we have been aware of the issue since late yesterday. Netflix is working on it -> TV Series Not Working - API Forum - Netflix API Forum

rojo495

June 13, 2010
    Home Country

Has anyone rewritten the My Netflix code to work with the Fidelity skin? If not, has anyone sucessfully setup other plugins to access Netflix under the Fidelity skin? Thanks...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Has anyone rewritten the My Netflix code to work with the Fidelity skin? If not, has anyone sucessfully setup other plugins to access Netflix under the Fidelity skin? Thanks...

Hey RoJo495,
    You might try the BlueWide MyNetflix skin files to start. That should let you at least get into the plugin. As far as a long term solution, you might try to ping the skin author to see if he can provide support. I am unfortunately extremely busy with other tasks (Colussus support, My NetFlix 2.0, Confluence Skin, etc...) or I would tackle it for you.

The unfortunate thing about skins is everyone uses different graphic names for backgrounds, popups etc. If they were all standardized (or used the same as the Blue3 & Blue3Wide) it would be easier for plugin developers to create skin files. This has been an issue for as long as I can remember...

Wile E.

rojo495

June 13, 2010
    Home Country

:D Thanks Wile E. for your help...

Yes, we all have our favorite skins... it's both a blessing and curse...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Update...

Version 2.0 is progressing faster now that the Colossus support is finished (at least for now :) .) My goal is to have a public beta available when MP 1.2 Beta rollls out in a few weeks, but please dont hold me to it...

With version 1.0 I used a wrapper called WrapNetflix.dll (which you see in the Plugins/Windows folder) that provided an interface to the REST calls to get data from NetFlix. When I started the 2.0 version I played around with making the REST calls natively and had good success. Now I have completely re-written the wrapper to be native to the plugin which returns the data quicker. It also allowed for a better structure of the data classes that was much more efficient to the plugin.

Now that the wrapper is complete I am working on the front end (GUI) parts to display the data. I have chosen to take a route similar to Moving Pictures, where as when you enter the plugin it will display the main queue's (NetFlix Top x, DVD Queue, Instant Queue, At Home Queue, Rental History & Recommendations.) If you chose to use the plugin as 'Instant Only' it will only show the Netflix Top x and Instant Queue.

The hidden menu is reserved for changing the layout and the searches (Instant Search, Title Search, Upcoming Movies, etc...)

Im also pleased to announce that hzn79 has finished his custom web browser and it will be included in the 2.0 build. His new browser will let us do away with the AutoHot Key scripts completely! It will support Play, Pause, Stop (and close the browser), FF, RW and Full Screen. A special thanks to hzn79 for his hard work!

I will be posting screen shots when development progresses to a point where I have something to show.

I have had a few people ping me about MP 1.1.2 & 1.1.3 support for the 2.0 version. My original thought was to only support MP 1.2, but its not going to be too much more effort to support MP 1.1.2 & 1.1.3 so it will be supprted as well.

My only concern at this point are the skin files. I will create skin files for Blue3, Blue3Wide, Default and Default wide. Can someone assist with that task? Please??

Wile E.

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country

I'd be happy to adapt the Blue3Wide skin for BleazleWide (which is what I use).

And thanks for all your continued hard work on this plugin, WileE. I can't wait to see what v2.0 looks like. I really like the sound of the new interface, as we make extensive use of the Moving Pictures plugin and something that is consistent with that will definitely improve the WAF.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

I'd be happy to adapt the Blue3Wide skin for BleazleWide (which is what I use).

And thanks for all your continued hard work on this plugin, WileE. I can't wait to see what v2.0 looks like. I really like the sound of the new interface, as we make extensive use of the Moving Pictures plugin and something that is consistent with that will definitely improve the WAF.

Cool! :D Well, we have one volunteer for the private Beta ;) Any more?

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country

WileECoyote,

I'm very excited about the progress of 2.0.

Please let us know whether 2.0 will support secondary monitor properly??

Thanks,

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Please let us know whether 2.0 will support secondary monitor properly??

Yes, the browser in 2.0 (by hzn79) will be able to switch to full screen, pause, play, etc on either monitor (I have already confirmed this on my setup.) 2.0 will also have a switch in the config so you can choose which monitor you want the movie to play on. Right now it defaults to the same as MediaPortal.

BUT keep in mind, the browser has to have focus to receive the commands. If you start a movie then start doing something else on the first monitor, it will take focus away from the browser (obviously.) If you do chose to work on the first monitor, the nice thing about the latest version of Silverlight is you can play a movie in full screen on the second monitor while working on the first.

Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom