[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: [plugin] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support

My experimentation was stalled last night thanks to netflix being down - I thought I had managed to break something in the plugin until I checked the website. I did manage to get everything sort of working, I have to send the fullscreen command after a defined period of time, so if the movie buffers too long then you have to send it manually, which is easy to do, but not ideal. I also want to create a key for starting right at the beginning of a movie, as rewinding all the way to the beginning reminds me of the old VHS days.
The main difficulty is that I have to put all the commands in the irremote.ini default section as I don't know what the process is called when netflix is fullscreen, which also means I can't use winwaitclose to kill the script, and have to run a batch file on exit to kill it. Its possible ifwinactive might work if I use the mediaportal window. Once I have it all optimized I will upload it for any hauppauge users to use, although it may need to be modified for resolutions other than 1080p.

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country

Last night got the keyboard shortcuts working well. I am killing my scripts as soon as the window goes fullscreen to make things easier so I don't have a key for skip to next episode but other than that it works really well. Realized that ffwd and rwd speeds increase the more you push the button so rewinding a full movie doesn't take that long. I also created a script that fixes my issue with mediaportal not always getting focus when you return from the player due to the Mediaportal HCW program getting focus instead. I will post everything after a few more days if there are no issues.

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country

I tried the new webbrowser that was posted a few pages back and all the controls seem to work great. FF, REW, Pause, Stop, etc. If we could just get the full screen working, I'd be a happy camper.

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country

Here is the autohotkey script I am currently using to go fullscreen. I also have a key bound to send 'f' on my hauppauge remote. A looping script would be better as it would eliminate the need for a fullscreen key, which I use in the odd case where a movie takes too long to buffer, but I haven't got around to making that simple change. This is for a 1080p screen and using internet explorer for the browser. I replace the netflix control scripts with this, so Wily would need to incorporate something similar into his scripts for non hauppauge users.

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetWinDelay, 10000
winwait Netflix - Windows Internet Explorer, ,10
Click 860,481
Send f
winwaitclose Netflix - Windows Internet Explorer
Exit

For hauppauge users who have issues with losing focus I have this script running on startup:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
DetectHiddenWindows On
SetTitleMatchMode 1
loop
IfWinActive MediaPortal HCW Control
WinActivateBottom MediaPortal
return

This will give back focus to mediaportal automatically, although it might fail if you have a web browser open to the mediaportal page in the background.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Hey Guys & Gals!

I am SOOOOOOOO sorry for my recent absence. I have been working hard on other aspects of MediaPortal (as well as work and home) and have been neglecting to check this thread occasionally. On a plus side, for any of you interested in the new Hauppauge Colossus tuner, MP 1.2 beta will have support :)

Okay, down to My Netflix business...
    I have still been working on version 2, but have also made a 1.4 version that makes it MP 1.2 beta compatible and I have been working on new scripts for the custom browser controls. I am looking at many different things to get this working for everyone, so keep the idea's coming.

The MP 1.2 beta will be available in the next few weeks, so the My Netflix 1.4 version will be available around the same time frame. Version 2.0 will be available hopefully sometime in the next few months. The biggest issue I have with version 2.0 is it doesnt really have a lot of new features, mostly just refactoring of code (i.e. pulling instant movie info direclty from Netflix instead of the custom web service I created/maintain.) But alas it will be ready for the rollout of MP 1.2 final. :)

Thanks,
    Wile E.

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country

Honestly, the plugin doesn't need that many new features, it is working pretty well and is close to feature complete as it stands IMHO.

gserg

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2009
    Home Country

Wile E,

Great to hear from you again! It's exciting to know that things are progressing.

Here are my two cents worth on the functionality and improvements...
    - Faster is always better :)
    - More integrated player with better remote support such as FF and RW
    - I'm not sure what it would look like but an interface that displayed more movies at once would be nice. I really like the Netflix webpage and how it operates.

All that said, I am actually pretty pleased with how it works now except for the recent issues with going full screen.

Can you tell us which versions of MP will run which of these new versions of My Netflix? I have MP 1.1.2, will I be able to run either of these new versions of My Netflix or will I need to upgrade to the beta when it comes out?

Thanks again
    Greg

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Honestly, the plugin doesn't need that many new features, it is working pretty well and is close to feature complete as it stands IMHO.

Cool, thanks for the feedback poppabk!

The biggest change to 2.0 is the backend stuff, but there are a few changes to the GUI, such as being able to turn off the queue's (DVD Queue, At Home Queue, History, etc...) so you can just use it for Instant only. I tried to work in some things for the Canadian version, but Netflix doesnt know when/if they are going to support their API for Canada.

Here are my two cents worth on the functionality and improvements...
    - Faster is always better :)
    - More integrated player with better remote support such as FF and RW
    - I'm not sure what it would look like but an interface that displayed more movies at once would be nice. I really like the Netflix webpage and how it operates.

All that said, I am actually pretty pleased with how it works now except for the recent issues with going full screen.

Can you tell us which versions of MP will run which of these new versions of My Netflix? I have MP 1.1.2, will I be able to run either of these new versions of My Netflix or will I need to upgrade to the beta when it comes out?

Hey Greg,
    1. Faster is ALWAYS better, your right :) Depending on if you use your queue's or not it can be rather fast.
    2. We're working on this for the 1.4 version.
    3. This is dependent on the skinners, but we can look at it and see what we can do.

To answer your question about versions, 1.4 will not be compatible with MP 1.1.2 or 1.1.3, sorry. Again, the biggest change to 1.4 will be compatiblity with MP 1.2 beta as well as some changes to the scripts. BUT, we will make the scripts available so folks still running MP 1.1.2 will be able to take advantage of the new browser and FF, RW, fullcscreen scripts. I hope that helps a little...

Thanks again for the support!
    Wile E.

gserg

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2009
    Home Country

BUT, we will make the scripts available so folks still running MP 1.1.2 will be able to take advantage of the new browser and FF, RW, fullcscreen scripts. I hope that helps a little...

Yes, it certainly will. I probably wont install 1.2 Beta but will instead wait for the release. It will be great to update the browser though.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom