ORIGINAL THREAD (OLD): About the X-Factor Skin (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I need to create a nice basic home before I start using this, but first impressions are that the skin does look and work excellent. Kudus. Some changes that I want to suggest though:

Move the "now playing" for MyTV-Series to below the poster (if possible) and put the media type logos to the top bar instead. "Now playing" also interferes a bit with Moving Pictures IMHO, but perhaps this is mostly noticeable when playing back video type media while browsing Movies/Series, and perhaps this isn't a common enough issue to put time into "fixing". I would totally understand if so. Perhaps include some alternate .xmls with the "now playing" disabled for busy views where it's hard to find a good place to display them?

Emph

remb0

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2009
    don't know if it is an bug but by available modules nog all are displayed.

mytrailers, onlinevideos, uitzendinggemist.nl, are there skins for? anyone who could help me with this lovely skin?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi all,

Thank you for all feedback. Here are some of your questions and my answers. If I have forgot to answer your question please add it again and I will try to answer.

Question: Is there an option to add a shortcut to exit media portal with mouse of
    keyboard?
    Answer: The next version will have an exit option available in the configuration tool so you can add an exit submeny to the basichome.

Question: An option to change menu without the need of mp configuration (a stand
    alone editor?)
    Answer: I will not make an external menu editing tool. You will have to use the one included in MP Configuration.

Question: an autoupdate function for new versions of files for the plugin?
    Answer: Not sure how this could be implemented and right now it is out of scope.

Question: is it possible to add an option to remove sections like pictures?
    Answer: No. This would make the menu editor even more comlex and the current layout is how I would like the x-factor skin to look. If some of you still want to make different looking basichome menus you are more than welcome. Start modding.

Question: DR.dk tv shows plugin
    Answer: I will focus on bug reports so we can get this skin as stable as possible. When this is done I will make some sort of poll to see what plugins you from the community want to include in the skin and then I will try to make some sort of priority.

Question: And it could be nice if it was possible to add your own background pictures to the menu items
    Answer: The current layout is how I would like the x-factor skin to look. If some of you still want to make different looking basichome menus you are more than welcome. Start modding.

Question: Any chance to add support for SVT Play?
    Answer: I will focus on bug reports so we can get this skin as stable as possible. When this is done I will make some sort of poll to see what plugins you from the community want to include in the skin and then I will try to make some sort of priority.

Question: 4TR_RecordedTv.xml
    Answer: Thanks for this. I will add it to the next release.

Question: TVSeries logos

Question: 4TR_TvGuide.xml

Question: in the menu mostly i have the green background picture. can i find any where the pictures which are in your first post?
    Answer: I cannot make these images available as I have bought some of them from online photo sites and they do not allow me to make these public. Others I have downloaded from internet and I do not want to make them part of the skin package as I simply do not know who owns the wrights to the pictures. Hope you understand the situation.

Question: not sure if its a bug or just my set up but you cant see the complete time in the top left corner
    Answer: Is fixed in the next release.

Question: also can you add total film count for moving pictures in the top right if its possible
    Answer: I will have to see how it looks. I don't want to add more info to the Moving Picture screen as it is allready a little "to much". But I will get back to you on this. Thank you for the suggestion.

Question: don't know if it is an bug but by available modules nog all are displayed. mytrailers, onlinevideos, uitzendinggemist.nl, are there skins for? anyone who could help me with this lovely skin?
    Answer: Hi, all those plugins thta you list are not yet supported (and my not be) by my skin, For a complete list of supported plugins/modules read the first post. If many users requerst some plugins I may add them to this skin so please, if you are missing a plugin in the supported list then make a post about it and I will se if I can add it at a later stage.

Question: how do I add games to Games Menu like you did with Virtua Tennis 3 and Colin McRae as I see in your screenshots?
    Answer: In the next version of the menu editor you will find an entry called Multishortcut. This is the plugin I use for adding these menus.

Thank you all for your feedback.

UPDATE;
    Next version of menu editor is added below. It includes these fixes;
    * exit menu available for those who wants to add this to the basichome menu.
    * a entry called "Multishortcut" is added for those who want to add custom menu links like I did for Virtual Tennis 3 and Colin McRea as you can see in the screenshots. To use this you must first installl and configure this plugin https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/multishortcut-plugin-execute-programs-home-menu-7425/. Then use the menu editor to add the submenu item (make sure to use the same window id/plugin id). If you have questions on how to do this please post and I will try to describe in detail.

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• XFactor.rar
      30.6 KB

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    thanks for considering my suggestion just to show you i did a quick experiment

if you want movie count for now replace the following xml file

Attachments

• movingpictures.xml
      30.6 KB

Trouty

Portal Member
    November 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi cul8er, Great looking skin. Basic home is awesome. Have been diving between StreamedMP, and Aeon basic home mod, but keeping my eye on the process of this. Couldn't wait to DL it and install when it was released. All seems good except for one issue that the trouble and strife (wife) has been questioning - I am sure I am driving them all nuts with the constant changing of MP. Even my 8 year old daughter now walks into the louge room and says - You've been stuffing around with the TV again.

The issue is to do with the OSD on the TV. I don't use 4tr, as the TV works just fine. As per the attachment, I am getting a Label is Missing text on screen. This appears for all channels. I don't know if anyone else recieves this?

:D

Attachments

• TV osd.JPG
      TV osd.JPG
      79.4 KB

jpschouten

April 6, 2009
    Thx for the skin i really love it. It looks sleek and works fast. Great menu-edit option !
    But, for what it count's i would really love implementation of the TVGEMIST (uitzendinggemist) plugin as well.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Happy;
    Thank you for the counter. Looks good and I will add it as you suggested. See attached MovingPictures.xml.

Trouty;
    I have found the error and I have attached the file here if you want the fix now and do not want to wait for next release (tvZAPODS.xml).

jpschouten;
    I will add TVGEMIST as one of the plugins to considder implementing.

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• movingpictures.xml
      30.6 KB
    • tvZAPOSD.xml
      30.6 KB

gingertom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Cul8er, I can understand that you can not release the backgrounds you have used due to copright issues, but can you tell me where you got them from, and the file name so I can purchase them for myself. Those pictures make the entire skin for me. Thanks:)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom