ORIGINAL THREAD (OLD): About the X-Factor Skin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Very nice. I like the glass borders and have been using them myself on some advertising lately ;)
    One comment I have is that the corners on the Sudoku main table, also the results background box, are not nice quadrants like the Menu ones. Is this by design? just think it would be better to have even quadrants and then the width of the glass border wont differ either. The main block of gray buttons also needs to shift right a pixel or two.

Again on the Sudoku page, I like the Current playtime with just the glass left & right. Do like that :D

All the boxes on the Tetris don't have even quadrants.

This is looking very nice though and look forward to the updates. Keep up the good work :D

Regards

Kev

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That's what I'm talking about! :D Perhaps you could move the weather down to the right corner on the basic home? Or do you have other plans for that little space?

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. The Tetris and Suduko will change and I totally agree that the corners are off (it is because I had no time creating correct png files, currently I use one that I reuse and changes the width and height of it in the skin and it is this that makes everything look strange, I will fix it, promise).

Great idéa about moving the weather part. I will try and see what it looks like.

Please continue posting all these great idéas. It is so easy to get stuck on an idéa and your input helps alot!

Best Regards
    cul8er

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    beginning to look great... one thing those... the curve you made in basichome... could you maybe move it down a bit, since the highlighted buttons frame will go deeper than the curve... looks a bit off imo...
    also i noticed you use very different fonts ... the menu is totally diff than the others (looks like the default steamedmp fonts)

another thing that would be awsome was to have the menu scrolling aeon style.. i know vergo made that with the default streamedmp... i tried to edit a bit in it , wasn't that big of a deal... would be a killer to have that also...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I got a little bored with the old basichome layout so I tried something a bit different. What do you think. Is this better or should I stick with the previous one (the one at the first post of this thread)?

alt_basichome.jpg

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "menu scrolling aeon style". Can you describe?

Best Regards
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think this looks better. Less is more imho. But you should try to move the "now playing" a couple of pixels to the right so the frame isn't cut off like that.

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I think I will stick to this new basichome layout.

About the frame being cut off. This is only my bad screenshot ;) the frame is all there in the real skin.

Best Regards
    cul8er

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice! Could you center the cover in now playing?

I think "menu scrolling aeon style" means that the selected item stays in the middle... and I (also) think this would be the better way.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I think "menu scrolling aeon style" means that the selected item stays in the middle...

Thank you for the explanation. In Aeon I see the point because you have more menu items than fit the screen. But in this skin you only have the number of menu items that fits one screen. I hope you will not get to disappointed if I do not implement this.

About centering the cover - now implemented in next version.

Best Regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

New pictures on first post in this thread (basichome and moving pictures). I'm currently working at the tv series layout (will look a lot like moving pictures). Almost done with the Tetris and Suduko skin files (update will follow).

Cheers
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom