ORIGINAL THREAD (OLD): About the X-Factor Skin (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    cul8er: I also noticed that the little lamp for the playlist control "Repeat" is broken. Try it and you'll know what I mean. :D

Also, +1 for hoping this'll get a "Hot Skin" status soon!

Edit: Automerged doublepost + I remembered that the album title label on the now playing screen is wider than the player and also should be a "fade label". Perhaps this is only true on one of the different pages with the "audio player" visible, lyrics?

Emph

etagure

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    UPDATE;
    Next version of menu editor is added below. It includes these fixes;
    * exit menu available for those who wants to add this to the basichome menu.
    * a entry called "Multishortcut" is added for those who want to add custom menu links like I did for Virtual Tennis 3 and Colin McRea as you can see in the screenshots. To use this you must first installl and configure this plugin Multishortcut plugin to execute programs from home menu!. Then use the menu editor to add the submenu item (make sure to use the same window id/plugin id). If you have questions on how to do this please post and I will try to describe in detail.
    Thnax for this, i made as you wrote, but how change bacground picture when scrolling games.
    I put in games menu, game Tomb raider, and in media\animation create folder Tomb raider and Multishortcut where i put background picture (tomb raider fanart) with name default.jpg, but when Tomb raider get focus, background doesn't change.
    In suduko folder i put background picture of sudoku (Stock Photo: Sudoku), and background picture has changed...
    Thnx again for great skin...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi etagure,

You cannot add you own folders in animations. You can only use existing folders. For games this is: emulator, games, tetris and suduko. I must limit the number of folders used as otherwise the skin would become to heavy in the home screen.

So in short;
    * Suduko will show the pictures you put in suduko folder (in random order)
    * Tetris will show the pictures you put in tetris folder (in random order)
    * Emulators will show the pictures you put in emulator folder (in random order)
    * Games will show the pictures you put in games folder (in random order)

Future versions may support adding dedicated images to submenues but this is not possible in the current version.

cheers
    cul8er

remb0

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2009
    I would suggest a couple of plugins to be implemented:

- Onlinevideos
    - myyoutube

One question: where do you put the list of modules to be used in the menu generator? Is it in the .dll itself? Where can I add a module if I design the skin for it?

Thanks

+1

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    cul8er. could you make a button in your menu editor that allow people to see all unsuported xml files in the x-factor directory ?

also could be nice if you leave and option to rename the default name (e.g i want Moving Pictures to be shown as My Movies)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi explodedk,

Thank you for your feedback.

also could be nice if you leave and option to rename the default name (e.g i want Moving Pictures to be shown as My Movies)
    This is allready possible. Select Moving Pictures in the list and then change the name before adding it to a submenu ;)

could you make a button in your menu editor that allow people to see all unsuported xml files in the x-factor directory
    No. The menu editor is for x-factor. Mods must handle this themself. I want a clear difference between x-factor and user mods.

best regards
    cul8er

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wow seems like this skin is VERY popular.

One thing I have noticed, could be me having a bad day. In TV series I cant select any other view than list. Is it not possible to have banner view etc?

Also could you PLEASE add a skin file for My programs alt. It doesnt have to be to fancy. Maybe just a view with DVD boxes that the cover art will go in from myprogramsalt. At present it is the only pluggin that I use for PC games for various reasons. I know there is my emulators and multi shortcut but they just don't do it for me for the PC games :( (they are great for what they are designed for though). There is a new pluggin being developed but it is no where near finished yet.

I was also wondering about no quit button but reading back you have fixed that already :)
    To be honest I am going to leave mine without, if poss, as there is LESS temptation to quit out and fiddle with things (not me the wife).

It would be nice in the future to alter/ change any backdrop for any of the menu items.

Many thanks for the links to where to get the photos from. looks like someone registered with my username as it is taken :( never mind lol. I bet they are doing a roaring trade now and you should be on commision :D

I have been using your skin all easter holidays and I can only say GREAT WORK TO A TRULY GREAT LOOKING SKIN.
    I am sure your skin is going to be around for some time now so :D

Regards

Kev

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom