(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    ASiDiE said:
    Seems pretty lame, but you need to uncheck one of them. Most likely the GOV channel :)

Yep, CIII (7) and WKBW (7) are the same here, but when I first setup the channel listing at labs.zap2it.com I unchecked CIII since it was an old station identifier that isnt around anymore. It had me more than confused first time I setup XMLTV. :lol:

Im glad I could help out Jonathan.

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I have posted 1.4, same url as before.

1.4: 6/29/06

Removed dependency on MPListView (reverted to System.Forms.ListView) as I was not using any MP features
    Changed the key for weblineup collections to use the internal ID and not channel number (as it is possible to have dupe numbers)

I'm hoping this is the last test release before calling it ready for primetime :)

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    Be aware that Zap2it seem to be experiencing database issues today, many users are reporting lineup problems on the official forum.

No word on the cause or resolution yet.

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    Re: 1.4

bradsjm said:
    I have posted 1.4, same url as before.

1.4: 6/29/06

I'm hoping this is the last test release before calling it ready for primetime :)

This is a useful and stable (for me at least) plugin. Didn't think it could get much more ready for prime time. Thank you again for your hard work!

Cleaver95

Portal Member
    April 22, 2006
    I can successfully refresh, and load the linup, but when I click save, I get the following message.

It is titled, "Error acessing lineups"

and the message says "The operation has timed out."

Thanks for your help

Edit: I have figured out what the problem was. I had not Auto Tuned all of the channels on my video card before downloading the program guide

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    Released :)

Now that MediaPortal has gone 0.2 Final I'm also "releasing" the Zap2it Plugin. At somepoint soon it should be available from the epg downloads section.

Thank you everyone for helping make this a stable and functional plugin. I've learned a good deal about MediaPortal itself and how various ways people are using the EPG and TV functionality and we squashed two bugs in the main MediaPortal source from your testing which are now part of 0.2 final :)

You may have noticed I'm currently working on a new plugin (XM Radio) so right now I'm considering the Zap2it plugin feature complete. However, the source code is included so any one who wishes to contribute should feel free to look and submit patches to me :)

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your hard work! I installed 1.4 and noticed that I can now load and view lineups in the last tab of the configuration. (although im still not so sure what benefit I can use it for. :D )

I've completely removed XMLTV and disabled everything on the MP EPG configuration tab. IMHO your plugin is stable enough for fulltime use on my HTPC

I don't have XM Radio, but goodluck with the plugin! im sure your work will be appreciated by a lot of people.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Jonathan - Have you tried this plugin with a fresh install of the released 0.2.0.0? I'm taking about nothing on the machine (nothing in the regsitry and no old files on the harddisk) - install MP 0.2 and then install your plugin. It appears that unless there is an existing XMLTV file it won't work. Am I wrong and just don't have it setup correctly? In order for it to seem to work I had to go into my backup and place that xml file before the program appearred to work.

Area: Media Portal Plugins
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 (2006-07-03)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
    Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium III - 863MHz
    Memory: 510 MB
    Motherboard: 6578PBU (IBM)
    TV Card Model: -
    TV Card Type: -
    TV Card Driver: -
    Video Card Model: All-in-wonder Radeon 7500 (64 MB)
    Video Card Driver: -
    Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
    Video Render Type: -
    Audio Card Model: Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis::

BTW - I don't think the support tool is not detecting my TV card but MP does!

Just to clarify - I had your plugin working on RC4 but I had setup MP before using your plugin.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    mzemina,

I just yesterday did a completely fresh install of MP 0.2.0.0 final on my system. Uninstalled RC4 and removed all remaining directories.

The plugin is working for me, and I never installed XMLTV. Did you let MP autoscan your TV channels when you installed 0.2.0.0 Final?

I let MP autoscan for all available channels, manually removed the "analog" group that was created, and installed and configured the plugin.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    gxtracker said:
    ...I let MP autoscan for all available channels, manually removed the "analog" group that was created, and installed and configured the plugin.

I think this was the one step I missed. You may want to add it to your steps at the first post. If it is there I sure missed it.

Mike

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom